The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Star Wars 8 or 9. Not likely I know but would be interesting to say the least.

Bond. More Likely and maybe one for the future after Daniel Craig.

Jonah/Chris original idea. Very likely and my preferred option.

A movie about a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules.

If he can't do James Bond, I hope he'll get the chance to adapt a John le Carré novel.

BlairCo wrote:If he can't do James Bond, I hope he'll get the chance to adapt a John le Carré novel.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

If he wants to do a quickie in 2016, to fulfill the whole "a film every even year clause", he could work with Jonah on "Hell & Gone". Generally period pieces take long, but these guys wrapped production on The Prestige in little less than three months. This could be a little longer, as its primarily historical, but hitting an October/November 2016 release date is very doable. I was of the opinion that Jonah adapt the script as a miniseries due to the sheer volume of the content, but this could be of emotional resonance to the brothers as they grew up in Chicago for a significant portion of their lives.

Reading some of these ideas I'm sure a lot of people here didn't actually watch or understand Nolan's filmography...

ChrisTilford wrote:If he wants to do a quickie in 2016, to fulfill the whole "a film every even year clause", he could work with Jonah on "Hell & Gone". Generally period pieces take long, but these guys wrapped production on The Prestige in little less than three months. This could be a little longer, as its primarily historical, but hitting an October/November 2016 release date is very doable. I was of the opinion that Jonah adapt the script as a miniseries due to the sheer volume of the content, but this could be of emotional resonance to the brothers as they grew up in Chicago for a significant portion of their lives.
Christopher Nolan does not do "quickies" :face palm: also he should direct a remake of Magnum Force

b4ben11 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:If he wants to do a quickie in 2016, to fulfill the whole "a film every even year clause", he could work with Jonah on "Hell & Gone". Generally period pieces take long, but these guys wrapped production on The Prestige in little less than three months. This could be a little longer, as its primarily historical, but hitting an October/November 2016 release date is very doable. I was of the opinion that Jonah adapt the script as a miniseries due to the sheer volume of the content, but this could be of emotional resonance to the brothers as they grew up in Chicago for a significant portion of their lives.
Christopher Nolan does not do "quickies" :face palm: also he should direct a remake of Magnum Force
I may have used the wrong term. What I meant was something which doesn't take too long to finish. Smaller scale, like Memento (25 days). Or even The Prestige, which was shot between January & April 2006. But given where he is right now, it may be a tad hard going back to that, but one can never know.

Tesla wrote:Star Wars 8 or 9. Not likely I know but would be interesting to say the least.
That would probably end up being my most anticipated film in my life history.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Tesla wrote:Star Wars 8 or 9. Not likely I know but would be interesting to say the least.
That would probably end up being my most anticipated film in my life history.
I want him to stay away from Star Wars. He probably will.