The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Somebody on twitter (and now I can't find it) claimed that Nolan was going to direct a pre-quel to Interstellar about Dr. Mann and also another film based on a novel (had never heard of it and now can't find it).

I don't believe the prequel story. Matt Damon's now playing an astronaut in a Ridley Scott film. Don't think he wants to be typecast as an astronaut!

I wish Nolan would film The Story of Edgar Sawtelle though that involves working with maybe a hundred dogs and maybe he doesn't like dogs?? Great story though.

Maybe Borges' Death and the Compass? With McC as Erik Lonnrot (as we know McC's pretty good at playing detectives).

Aili wrote:Somebody on twitter (and now I can't find it) claimed that Nolan was going to direct a pre-quel to Interstellar about Dr. Mann and also another film based on a novel (had never heard of it and now can't find it).
Nolan wrote an Interstellar prequel comic about Dr. Mann that was just released online. Maybe that's what the person on twitter is referring to.

Whoiam wrote:Nolan is perfect for direct a Halo movie. Sci-fi, action...
lol no.

western pls

nolin

nolin pls

So you think we'll get an announcement in January again? Or will it be longer? He said he's gonna wait to find something until he's done with Interstellar stuff.

I N T E R C E P T I O N

It's about football...

I would love to see him adapt something from Jules Verne like Journey to the center of the earth, or 20,00 leagues.

If he does a war movie Something leading up to WW1 would be cool

Also, more sci fi, more space, maybe some time travel.

Assuming Ridley doesn't direct it, Blade Runner 2.

There's no avoiding the fact it's happening, and I imagine it as being visually somewhere in-between Batman Begins and Interstellar - grand, but intricate.

gone
Last edited by Starfox on January 25th, 2015, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would love if Mr. Nolan did a live action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop. It has the film noir qualities he likes. It's also a Sci fi/Western. Joseph Gordon Levitt and Anne Hathaway as Spike and Faye. Rian Johnson would be great too.