The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Sky007 wrote:
I'm a John G wrote:Could a biopic on Somerset Maugham be in the works? It was a book featured on the bookshelf without too much thematic influence .. And it could itch the biopic scratch he couldn't quite reach with Hughes (which could happen later in his career). Maugham is a perfect Nolan character. A man rejected by society entrapped by his own fears, memories, insecurities. And it would give him a great opportunity to make a film about literature, what he studied for years and what is arguably his biggest influence as a filmmaker.
It's possible. Im betting Nolan put it there because he's much like his protagonists.
Are you implying that Nolan is a paranoid, deeply haunted person struggling from past traumas?

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
I'm a John G wrote:Could a biopic on Somerset Maugham be in the works? It was a book featured on the bookshelf without too much thematic influence .. And it could itch the biopic scratch he couldn't quite reach with Hughes (which could happen later in his career). Maugham is a perfect Nolan character. A man rejected by society entrapped by his own fears, memories, insecurities. And it would give him a great opportunity to make a film about literature, what he studied for years and what is arguably his biggest influence as a filmmaker.
It's possible. Im betting Nolan put it there because he's much like his protagonists.
Are you implying that Nolan is a paranoid, deeply haunted person struggling from past traumas?
Lol when I said "he's much like his protagonists" I was referring to Somerset Maugham, BUT Nolan's protagonists are definitely avatar's for himself.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:After watching Interstellar a second time...i hope he goes to space once more. The sheer vastness he's able to capture. The awe of Space. The visual image doesn't leave my head. He gained experience of how to do. Hopefully he makes something again in the future. Something completely different from Interstellar.
Star Wars

Although he said he's a bit afraid to tackle such a project with so much weight on his shoulders. Hopefully though, later in his career, his mind will change.
Hope not.
I think Nolan will do his own original standalone films from now on,well here's hoping anyway.
(wasn't Batman Begins supposedly only going to be a one off? )

Yeah...Nolan originals all the way.

He already tackled a franchise.

Hopefully he can enjoy his free reins doing something new and original.

Forum Pro
I am hoping his next movie is Mr. Hughes, with Matthew McConaughey in the lead.

I just hope he takes his time (3 years maybe) with his next film.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:I just hope he takes his time (3 years maybe) with his next film.
Why ?

That sounds painful.

If he almost finished Interstellar in May , if he releases the next one in the Fall two years from now...it's a lot.

The question is - if Nolan did a 007 film, which would be great, would Syncopy be allowed to be involved or would it be a 100% EON production with little room for Nolan to put his touch on it?

I don't know how much pressure Eon exerts on it's directors.

sickofsickness wrote:The question is - if Nolan did a 007 film, which would be great, would Syncopy be allowed to be involved or would it be a 100% EON production with little room for Nolan to put his touch on it?

I don't know how much pressure Eon exerts on it's directors.
They'd let Syncopy get a bite.

He still seems kinda interested in Howard Hughes. If he does this film at any point, i hope it's still with Jim Carrey. Jim really needs to get back into some dramatic roles. The guy is still a powerhouse, he just needs another great script to sink his teeth into.

Just imagine Nolan, who is now such a star, doing a film with Jim Carrey. My God it would break the internet.

As a matter of fact, i would love it if it's his next film. I can certainly see Nolan doing Bond once Daniel Craig wraps it up in the next few years. Have him do a one-off with an actor of his choice. If it's successful, that actor can do more with other filmmakers. But i imagine Nolan will be doing 1 film between now and then. So damnit, make it Hughes!

The horror film, in the style of The Shining...

I see him doing that but years from now.