The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Lionheart wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:He should try a genre he has not delved into yet. How about a big fantasy epic like an adaptation of Berserk?
Noland and Berserk :o :o

Berserk will never see any live action adaptation. Much less a big project like that.
Let me dream :lol: . I think if approached thematically it could work. The first film could just focus on Gambino's and Guts' relationship, ending with Guts fighting the wolves and meeting Griffith, the big beacon of hope fo everyone, and then you go from there in linear fashion. That way you keep the story focused on the characters and not just on some of the setpieces but yeah sexual violence is a big deal for most viewers to wrap their heads around but in especially this story it plays an important part in who the characters are and they are morally ambiguous enough to be interesting to Nolan but he has so far not really dealt with sex and sexuality in his films so maybe that could be also something new for him to explore.

I have no illusions as to the fact that a live action version of Berserk will never EVER happen but I would just love it if Nolan could branch out into different genres.

Sky007 wrote:Horror film similar to The Shining.
If Nolan directed/wrote a horror film... holy shit. That would be amazing.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Sky007 wrote:Horror film similar to The Shining.
If Nolan directed/wrote a horror film... holy shit. That would be amazing.
The funny thing is that Nolan's films all have elements of horror. Psychological horror (the most potent kind). Imagine if he distilled all of that into a singular experience, in IMAX!

A James Bond film

Starring:

Tom Hardy as James Bond

Michael Fassbender as Bond villain

Anne Hathaway as Moneypenny

Marion Cotillard as Bond girl

Ralph Fiennes as M

Sir Michael Caine as Q

BlairCo wrote:A movie about a guy who enters a labyrinth just to plant corn, but gets lost.

The film is basically the dude crying on his crops for two hours and looking forlornly into the camera.

Nolan will call it The Maize.

And at the end, it turns out he's really a scarecrow all along, wishing he was human.

He cries because that's where the farmers children come to hide from their abusive father --- so crying is the only thing he knows humans do; it's the only think we can do.

The scarecrow represents empathy and resiliency.

There are 2 things exciting about a Nolan movie for me.

1.) The movie it's self. Whenever he releases a movie in a year it is automatically my most anticipated.

2.) As soon as it gets released, the rumors can start about what he works on next! I can't help it I always have 1 eye to the future when it comes to Nolan.

I hope he keeps cranking out a movie every 2 years. If he keeps that up by the time he is 60 he will have released 16 movies total. He will hit 20 by 64. Pretty good filmography. The 2 year interval seems to be treating him well. But maybe he will release them quicker if he works on a smaller scale again. Seems these big blockbusters seem to really work to ramp up the anticipation for the movies.

As far as what I'd like to see him direct next. I'd love to see the Hughes project. It's far enough away from Aviator now. He said it was the best thing he has ever written and that's saying alot. Hughes Biopic + Nolan + Cranston = Oscar Gold all around :judge: . Book that.

I don't want him to direct anything unless he's had a hand in writing it.

I'd really love to see what he could do with THE PRISONER (the BBC TV series that starred Patrick McGoohan), which was rumored for the longest time, prior to its being remade for American TV a few years back...

I'd like to see him direct something new.

A gritty fantasy film,something like the First Law Trilogy

A horror film with blood and gore

black comedy ,something wacky and ridiculous

A romantic film.Rom-com? Sci-fi romance? Fantasy-romance maybe ? I love his films but the romance in his movies leave so much to be desired.Probably because they aren't romantic films in the first place.I'd like him to concentrate on the Love story.Please no Marion Cotillard.

An action western sci fi. Cowboy Bepop anyone? But I think Tarantino would be better suited for that job

I hope to see Nolan direct a court film. And a Bond film of course. Horror would be very interesting...