The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
It's an annoying cliche at this point, but I'm ready for smaller-scale movies again from Mr. Nolan. Especially a Western. The 1860s Old West period would be right up his alley. It would look gorgeous.

Nolan has always had a Revolutionary/societal changing aesthetic to his films from terrorism, rioting, evacuation.

I would like to see something along these lines like a civil war/coup type action.

Maybe a modern day french revolution or collapse of Rome.

A huge budget children of men comes to mind.

I don't think he is getting away from Imax.

Pr0creation wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 1:09 pm
Maybe a modern day french revolution or collapse of Rome.
You are literally describing The Dark Knight Rises :P

I'm still pushing for a horror but as for something new for him, it would be interesting for him to come off his high horse, challenge himself and try a comedy. Kubrick has done it and so has Spielberg. Just do it, Nolan.

I read Conrad's Lord Jim last year, and I couldn't help but think it might be a good fit for Nolan. The work is particularly sensitive because it is both a white-savior story, and a anti-white savior story. It has some very large geo-political ideas in, and has a lot to do with race.
What got me thinking about Nolan, is there is a massive boat sinking set piece, that if filmed would require hundreds, if not thousands of extras. Nolan loves boats, and loves crowds. Also, the book has a Roshomon vibe, where we revisit situations from different points - of -view, gaining more info...very Dunkirk in a way. Also, like The Dark Knight it has a downer ending. I could see Hardy in the role of Jim, and Branagh would be excellent as Marlowe, and Brown, the villain, would be a very juices role for a heavy, possibly a Robert Pattinson. The cast would also have to include a massive Indonesian cast. Probably the best comparison to a most recent movie is the Lost City of Z.

Conrad and Nolan are quite similar, in fact, The Dark Knight and Conrad's The Secret Agent have a lot in common. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an influence. And Conrad has had great success being adapted to screen: Apocalypse Now.

I'd like to see a Flash Gordon film by Chris Nolan.

Do we topic about the films Chris Nolan that could been like
Prisoner the adoptions of British 1960 tv show
Keys to the street?

Was there any other movies he was attached to?

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 1:18 am
Keys to the street?

His Howard Hughes project goes without saying. Also around 2004 he was somewhat attached to Troy... yes, that Troy :) But he ended up doing Batman instead. I'm not sure about the details, but I'm sure I read this somewhere.

DHOPW42 wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 6:48 am
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 1:18 am
Keys to the street?

His Howard Hughes project goes without saying. Also around 2004 he was somewhat attached to Troy... yes, that Troy :) But he ended up doing Batman instead. I'm not sure about the details, but I'm sure I read this somewhere.
He was one of the directors on WB list, but he wasn't very interested. Tons of CG in Troy, maybe that's why.

Wolfgang Peterson was a way more season Director than Nolan when they deciding on who to Director Troy

I think if he did horror, I wouldn't want something supernatural like witches, vampires, werewolves, zombies, dolls, or monsters/creatures.

The only "supernatural" thing I could see him tackling is ghosts-but-with-a-twist, like Interstellar. Maybe a cult like in The Wicker Man.

I also would probably like something realistic like a slasher film in the vein of The Strangers mixed with Se7en and Zodiac and The Silence of the Lambs.

Basically, Ledger's Joker kicked up a notch, mixed with the real-world terror of Dunkirk. Maybe like Insomnia but Robin Williams' character happens to be Michael Myers-esque, and there's a seasoned detective after him.

It's funny actually, because he's flirted with horror his entire career. He's always been super close / horror adjacent. It seems inevitable that he'll do one.