so Nolan in 3D is inevitable?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
dagn96 wrote:the only film I liked in 3D was Avatar
So you do like 3D :lol:

nolan himself said that he has no probs to convert a movie into 3d. he did with some scenes of inception, but he couldnt do the whole movie, cause he has high-standards and time till release didnt give the chance to do it in his way. but i think batman 3 could be his first 3d movie-..

If Nolan makes Batman 3 3D,then okay we have to agree too that,The Batman movies are not really Art movies
like Memento,The Prestige and INCEPTION,the Batman movies are the most money making movies for WB.
so if they want to break that Avatar record,then they have to make batman 3 in 3D.
Simple as that,and it would be great if that avatar record is broken.I hope
Nolan will not take it all the way with 3D with his other movies only with Batman please.

BatMotor wrote:If Nolan makes Batman 3 3D,then okay we have to agree too that,The Batman movies are not really Art movies
like Memento,The Prestige and INCEPTION,the Batman movies are the most money making movies for WB.
so if they want to break that Avatar record,then they have to make batman 3 in 3D.
Nolan will not take it all the way with 3D with his other movies only with Batman please.
he's all about image quality. if 3D quality gets a lot better he'll use it on any movie

BatMotor wrote:If Nolan makes Batman 3 3D,then okay we have to agree too that,The Batman movies are not really Art movies
I think this is why he tried working with 3D on Inception. He was probably told that Batman 3 would be in 3D and decided to try and figure out how it would look. I doubt he wants it, he is just becoming more open to it so he doesn't seem like as much of a sell out when his hand is forced into it.

I hope not. 3D is fine and all, but outside of Avatar it hasn't proven itself as something that enhances the story, it is just a cash-cow. Nolan may be forced to do it, but I hope not. And I hope he doesn't with Batman 3.

Yea, Batman 3 in 3D will get a larger audience but I don't really think it's necesary, I mean it's a Batman film. People will automatically come. Put "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE DARK KNIGHT AND INCEPTION" and let the box office speak for itself ;)

I sure hope not.

dagn96 wrote:Yea, Batman 3 in 3D will get a larger audience but I don't really think it's necesary, I mean it's a Batman film. People will automatically come. Put "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE DARK KNIGHT AND INCEPTION" and let the box office speak for itself ;)
Agreed. If Nolan wants to do 3D, we can't stop him and just have to trust his decisions, though Batman 3 already has enough of a build-up (Nolan, TDK, Inception, Batman) to earn money without resorting to 3D to rack in box office numbers.