so Nolan in 3D is inevitable?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Well, let me put it this way: There is no question if audiences want to watch films in stereoscopic imaging, that’s what the studios will be doing, and that’s what I’ll be doing.

Read more: Christopher Nolan Not a Fan of 3D, Will Probably Release a 3D Film Anyway | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/14/chr ... z0qruMXtpU

Yeah, but the impression I got from his comments at the Hero Complex Film Festival was that he felt if given enough time and effort post-conversion 3-D could look pretty good. I know he doesn't want to do it, but studio pressure is tough to deal with. However I think if Inception is a success he will be able to stand his ground and hold out.

Sigh, I hope this fad ends soon.

I hope he can find a way to change the studios minds about 3D. A Nolan film would not work well or look good in 3D.

Unless Nolan goes quite deeper into surrealism or at least surrealistic visual -> yes, the usual Nolan film will not look good in 3d.

And nevermind if it's a Nolan film or anyone else's, I still haven't learned to like or approve this new 3d wave. I mean CGI, alright, but 3d nah.

I think that Nolan's primary concern is quality. If he's happy with how it turns out, he will do it. Otherwise, he'll stick to what he thinks is best to his movies. I don't particularly care about 3D and I see it as a distraction, but I also think some people prefer to view movies that way.

I like how he's actually trying it out though, and making his own decisions regarding 3-D.

niniendowarrior wrote:I think that Nolan's primary concern is quality. If he's happy with how it turns out, he will do it. Otherwise, he'll stick to what he thinks is best to his movies. I don't particularly care about 3D and I see it as a distraction, but I also think some people prefer to view movies that way.
I think he has realized that it can look good if given enough time to prepare it, but he also said at the Q&A thing that he finds it impossible to ignore the fact that you are watching a movie when you watch it in 3D. He doesn't want to do it, but I do think he now finds the quality good enough for him to give it a try if he is forced.

He will make movies in 3D but only if he thinks it fits the story and doesn't disturb the character development and of course if it will not ruin the photography in the movie and all that. :thumbup:

Can this teenage pop crap called RealD(3D) soon be over please? Let Nolan shoot the way he wants to, and thats good old 35m. Iv expressed my hatred to RealD before on this board, so I will not do it again. I just think its time that people woke up and realized how pathetic RealD is.