Inception Sequel (?)

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
This again? Sigh.

If he made another film in the world of Inception, it would likely take advantage of the ripe mythology of it, not its characters. At least, definitely not in a way that takes any of the ambiguity of the film.

I wouldn't be against films taking place in the world of Inception, and frankly I don't know why anyone would be if the story's right.

-Vader

For me, sequels mean a direct follow up to the events in the previous film. If that's the case, then definitely NO, because of the many reasons mentioned before, especially regarding the ending of Inception.

However, a prequel film would be interesting - especially since I have not been able to get hold of the complete comic versions "The Big Under" and "The Cobol Job", which focuses on the Cobb's previous team and the setup for extracting from Saito.

Another direction would be a spin-off, of either Ariadne after the inception job - can she go back to normal architecture classes or will she follow a similar path to that of Cobb... maybe explore something more in the dream-sharing world? Heck I've read enough fanfiction to know there is potential for a story there. A girl can dream ;)

A sequel is a terrible idea. :facepalm:

the_red_ninja wrote:For me, sequels mean a direct follow up to the events in the previous film. If that's the case, then definitely NO, because of the many reasons mentioned before, especially regarding the ending of Inception.

However, a prequel film would be interesting - especially since I have not been able to get hold of the complete comic versions "The Big Under" and "The Cobol Job", which focuses on the Cobb's previous team and the setup for extracting from Saito.

Another direction would be a spin-off, of either Ariadne after the inception job - can she go back to normal architecture classes or will she follow a similar path to that of Cobb... maybe explore something more in the dream-sharing world? Heck I've read enough fanfiction to know there is potential for a story there. A girl can dream ;)
Stop stealing my thoughts please, thx. :-D

Rayzr wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:For me, sequels mean a direct follow up to the events in the previous film. If that's the case, then definitely NO, because of the many reasons mentioned before, especially regarding the ending of Inception.

What? :eh:

Bacon wrote:
Rayzr wrote:
What? :eh:
I always thought a prequel would be the best thing if anything was to be made in relation to Inception. Ninja beat me to it, though.

Some Sequels should never be made :
Eg: The Matrix sequels .

But yeah, a Prequel to Inception could be cool.

If there is a prequel, I'd like to see how Cobb was introduced to Extraction, how he was taught by Miles and how he met Mal. But I would prefer Inception as its own film.

An Inception Animatrix is the only option.
Do you... like pineapple?

BlairCo wrote:If there is a prequel, I'd like to see how Cobb was introduced to Extraction, how he was taught by Miles and how he met Mal. But I would prefer Inception as its own film.

yeah, and the Prequel could End with Cobb discovering the Possiblity of Inception.