Inception Sequel (?)

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Take this with a huge grain of salt..... https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/inc ... dly-works/
Of course, there’s been theories making the rounds online that Nolan’s upcoming Tenet could be connected to Inception in some way, but we’ve now heard from our sources – the same ones that told us National Treasure 3, Now You See Me 3 and Extraction 2 were in the works before any of them were officially announced – that Nolan may have softened his stance about returning to the well, with an Inception spinoff reportedly in the early stages of development.

According to our intel, the proposed follow-up will take place in the same world but focus on different characters. And while the hope is for Nolan to direct it, he might end up letting his brother Jonathan get behind the camera and only help out in a writing and producing capacity.

Take with a mountain of salt...

i wonder how tenet's negative feedback surrounding it's complexity will affect his next film/his thoughts on an inception sequel. Will he go for a safe blockbuster or double down (triple down, quadruple down?) on tenet's confusion?

jetsdude wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 2:40 pm
i wonder how tenet's negative feedback surrounding it's complexity will affect his next film/his thoughts on an inception sequel. Will he go for a safe blockbuster or double down (triple down, quadruple down?) on tenet's confusion?
Negative feedback?

lol no, i think Chris believes too much on his works complexity and its value, for him to suddenly go all safe and cater to the masses, plus Tenet is already gaining a cult following, in a few years it will be more of a "we didnt really get Tenet on its time" thing, i mean Interstellar is now revered as one of Nolan`s masterpieces in almost every film forum i lay eyes upon, (except contrarian sites known for nolan hating)
i for one do wish his next project isnt necessarily an action film per se, big scale is expected and welcomed but, after Tenet, how much more bombastic can he go ?
im not a big fan of the idea of a Inception sequel either, i would love Chris to do a Formula 1 related film, ala Rush/Ford v Ferrari but with a more interesting narrative, and his signature practical visuals, it would be so cool to have onboard footage from in IMAX camera in a formula 1 car, Nolan could make such a self contained narrative that it could even take place in a single race weekend, imagine what could Ludwig do with sampling and all! but i digress, im an F1 fanatic, so im biased as biased can be :twothumbsup: