When will Nolan announce his next project?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Bond movie, yes please. :modesty:

I'd like Nolan to do a better adaptation of the His Dark Materials novels. The one that was done was good, but the casting was slightly off and the changes they made ruined it. I'm also here for a Nolan horror movie of some sort. :clap:

Frogger08 wrote:I'd like Nolan to do a better adaptation of the His Dark Materials novels. The one that was done was good, but the casting was slightly off and the changes they made ruined it. I'm also here for a Nolan horror movie of some sort. :clap:
I know some people are gonna disagree with me, but if he gave up on his style a little bit, I would love to see Malick direct Northern Lights. But Nolan would be a very interesting pick.

I would be pissed if he did a Bond film next, not that I think he will.

Hopefully Sony gets the rights to Terminator 5 and Christopher Nolan is the director. Him and his brother should write it, Cameron should be the producer, and Zimmer for the soundtrack. If this happens, the Terminator film saga will be back on track. The Bond and Mission Impossible 5 ideas sounds excellent, but I don't think they compare to the idea of Terminator 5.

Durden_77 wrote:I would be pissed if he did a Bond film next, not that I think he will.
Next, no. In the future, hopefully.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Red Hood wrote:Hopefully Sony gets the rights to Terminator 5 and Christopher Nolan is the director. Him and his brother should write it, Cameron should be the producer, and Zimmer for the soundtrack. If this happens, the Terminator film saga will be back on track. The Bond and Mission Impossible 5 ideas sounds excellent, but I don't think they compare to the idea of Terminator 5.
No.

Right now, I don't think he should tackle another franchise. I want him to do his 3rd original film, I hope it's a psychological thriller like Memento. Then, he can tackle another big franchise (Terminator, MI, James Bond, etc.)

I just can't fathom why anyone would want Nolan to be a goddamn franchise director? Three Batman movies is enough. Maybe a James Bond at some point, since he clearly would love to make one. But Terminator? Mission: Impossible? Star Wars? More comic book movies? Why not the Harry Potter reboot while we're at it?

Ugh.

Insomniac wrote:I just can't fathom why anyone would want Nolan to be a goddamn franchise director? Three Batman movies is enough. Maybe a James Bond at some point, since he clearly would love to make one. But Terminator? Mission: Impossible? Star Wars? More comic book movies? Why not the Harry Potter reboot while we're at it?

Ugh.
If he is going to do franchise again, then it should be new on screen and not continuation of existing ones. Personally, I'd love to see Nolan adapting 'The Sandman'.
gib sigs