When will Nolan announce his next project?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
BigIslandYU2 wrote:Now, whenever Nolan announces his next project, I am most hoping for either an adaption of a literary classic or an original story. Be that as it may, the one franchise that I would most like the Nolan Brothers to tackle is the Terminator franchise.
Think about it. It would be marvelous, especially with Hans Zimmer composing the score with cues from Brad Fiedel's original themes.

You know, the film rights of the Terminator franchise are up for grabs --again-- as well. This may not be an impossibility...
Interesting, which literary work would you like to see him adapt?

BigIslandYU2 wrote:Now, whenever Nolan announces his next project, I am most hoping for either an adaption of a literary classic or an original story. Be that as it may, the one franchise that I would most like the Nolan Brothers to tackle is the Terminator franchise.
Think about it. It would be marvelous, especially with Hans Zimmer composing the score with cues from Brad Fiedel's original themes.

You know, the film rights of the Terminator franchise are up for grabs --again-- as well. This may not be an impossibility...
I don't think Nolan would ever touch the Terminator. For me I'd love to see him do some type of historical epic. Set in medieval times.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I really want him to go back to small budget films. Looking at films like Looper and District 9 with budgets less than 40 Million, I'm sure Nolan would still be able to conjure up something awe-inspiring.

Queen of Hearts wrote:

I had mentioned in a different thread that I would very much like to see Nolan adapt Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.

I would like his next film to be more personal. I think in the next upcoming years, he will make a run at the oscar...Everybody else should get out of the way.

Stéphane wrote:I would like his next film to be more personal. I think in the next upcoming years, he will make a run at the oscar...Everybody else should get out of the way.
i agree. academy give nolan an oscar goddammit :judge:

Anything by Neil Gaiman. :judge:
gib sigs

am I the only one here that doesn't want Nolan to make a Bond film or a Star Wars film for fuck's sake, the fact that he's a Star Wars fan or that he likes a 70's Bond movie has everyone hyped to on obscene level, do you guys really think he would do something like that? for starters Douchebag George has Star Wars locked in a cage and won't let anyone else make more movies based on his story, not even after he goddamn dies!, and Bond is in good hands, I mean, why would Chris Nolan want to direct a bond film after making a monstrosity like Inception... seems stupid to me. Yes I got to admit I myself was hyped about the Huges film he said was the best shit he ever wrote, but then again that project seems to be dead so I guess I'll have to get over it, also, I remember that interview with Michael Caine a couple of months ago were he said Chris told him about this "idea" he had and that he wanted him for it (like always) so I reckon we'll get some info on the new project no later than summer 2013 and the movie itself will probably come out 2015. Hopefully the guy will get his well deserved rest so he can take his time to write some good stuff, I think 2015 is a nice year for the new Nolan masterpiece.

OVERMAN wrote:am I the only one here that doesn't want Nolan to make a Bond film
You are definitely not the only one.

BigIslandYU2 wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:
I had mentioned in a different thread that I would very much like to see Nolan adapt Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.

That could be cool to see...I have tried to read Crime and Punishment and just can not get through it. The Brothers Karamazov I think would be interesting...loved the characters in that:-)
Allstar wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:am I the only one here that doesn't want Nolan to make a Bond film
You are definitely not the only one.
Only because it seems that it's too soon...we have Craig's Bond right now. Maybe in another ten years or so:-)