When will Nolan announce his next project?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
riddick-danish wrote:Wow never thought of that, it will blow even Wachowski's visuals apart, on top of that he will do everything using practical effects. Who says Nolan cant direct Star Wars, he definitely can make it standout movie visually using IMAX cameras.
Right, I think Nolan might bring back the Rancor/Jabba the Hutt/Yoda-like puppet creatures too.

paladinryan wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:Wow never thought of that, it will blow even Wachowski's visuals apart, on top of that he will do everything using practical effects. Who says Nolan cant direct Star Wars, he definitely can make it standout movie visually using IMAX cameras.
Right, I think Nolan might bring back the Rancor/Jabba the Hutt/Yoda-like puppet creatures too.
Yes less CGI and more shooting on location and stages, if Disney want to make standout movie which makes a statement, Nolan is the way to go.

Last edited by Syncopy528491 on August 27th, 2022, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Syncopy528491 wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:Personal preference is Nolan should write the movie which he wants to direct otherwise I hardly care, for me best thing about Nolan is his writing, he gives so many memorable scenes and dialogues. Dialogues are what made me fan of Nolan

Yes! I agree 100%. Nolan is the best screenwriter in Hollywood atm like in the Dark Knight Rises when Bane is like "So you came to die with your city?" And then Batman is like "No I came to stop you" and then they start fighting. That was so badass.
hmm dunno if serious or joking!

if you are having jibe at his writing then I guess you don't know its a movie on comic-character and there is no harm in 1 liners, or are you one of dumb fans who are deaf to 100 good dialogues and keep holding to 1 bad dialogue??

My apologies if you were serious.

if you are having jibe at his writing then I guess you don't know its a movie on comic-character and there is no harm in 1 liners, or are you one of dumb fans who are deaf to 100 good dialogues and keep holding to 1 bad dialogue??

Yes, there certainly isn't any "harm" in one liners but The Dark Knight Rises's script is simply pathetic in contrast to Nolan's previous work and about as pathetic as the Avenger's screenplay. Anyone who is too blind to see that The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's worst film by far and a poor effort in storytelling and writing needs to get their ass off of Nolan's dick. Seriously anyone that uses the excuse that it's a comic book movie needs to understand that Nolan was not trying to make a typical comic book film with any of his Batman films. I hope that Nolan doesn't continue to go downhill from this point on wards. :suicide:

Syncopy528491 wrote:

Yes, there certainly isn't any "harm" in one liners but The Dark Knight Rises's script is simply pathetic in contrast to Nolan's previous work and about as pathetic as the Avenger's screenplay. Anyone who is too blind to see that The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's worst film by far and a poor effort in storytelling and writing needs to get their ass off of Nolan's dick. Seriously anyone that uses the excuse that it's a comic book movie needs to understand that Nolan was not trying to make a typical comic book film with any of his Batman films. I hope that Nolan doesn't continue to go downhill from this point on wards. :suicide:
I have done both the things, I have endlessly praised Rises and I have endlessly torn apart Rises for its every flaws, at the end of the day I found good writing seriously outweighs bad writing.

Yes, there certainly isn't any "harm" in one liners but The Dark Knight Rises's script is simply pathetic in contrast to Nolan's previous work and about as pathetic as the Avenger's screenplay. Anyone who is too blind to see that The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's worst film by far and a poor effort in storytelling and writing needs to get their ass off of Nolan's dick. Seriously anyone that uses the excuse that it's a comic book movie needs to understand that Nolan was not trying to make a typical comic book film with any of his Batman films. I hope that Nolan doesn't continue to go downhill from this point on wards.

Good writing is not only about dialogue though it is also about exploring themes using symbolism and great imagery to reflect these ideas and TDKR does this in many ways from Bane's underground lair symbolising the lie at the end of TDK and how this villian rose from the darkness to expose the truth notice the use of light throughout the film. To show a complete journey of one character through a trilogy is impressive no matter if there is some cheesy dialogue and exposition.

I posted this on IMDB (first time and last time) to highlight that journey. To compare the writing to Avengers in any way is ridiculous.

Just recently having rewatched BB again and TDK not long ago there are so many little details and more obvious scenes that link the trilogy which make me appreciate Tdkr even more.

The obvious scenes are Bruce escaping the pit/Bruce falling down the well, Ra's line involving justice/ Talia backstabbing Batman but there are many others such as Bruce throwing away the gun in BB/John Blake throwing away his badge,the fake Ra's speech about Gotham being allowed to die is repeated by Ra's in Bruce's dream in the pit. I also noticed that when Bruce returns from Princeton in BB before travelling the world Wayne manor is referred to as a mausoleum and the furniture is all covered in TDKR I noticed Wayne Manor felt like a mausoleum and some furniture again was covered notice how this was before Bruce was put in the pit and had to rise completing his journey. At the end of BB Rachel said Bruce never returned to Gotham instead Batman returned I feel Bruce returned in TDKR as Bruce perhaps wanting to live again.

This was further emphasised by the speech given to Bruce by the doctor in the prison, Ra's helped Bruce overcome his fear but to the detriment of Bruce Wayne who became lost in the monster epecially in TDK in Tdkr he had to accept his fear in order to rise. By accepting his frailty and realising that sometimes your so called weaknesses can be your biggest strength he was able to escape the pit and accept his humanity. He could have put his plan (to escape Batman)into action on his return knowing there was another idealist who could take up the mantle. Just as bruce rose Batman rises as a symbol and becomes a legend symbolised by John Blakes literal rising at the end.

There is another link I noticed I don't know how intentional it is but hope it was. Selina Kyle appears to have an opposite character arc to Harvey Dent but the relationship between Bruce and Selina aside from the romantic aspect can be compared to the Jokers/ Harvey Dent's. The Joker brings Harvey Dent down to his level whereas Bruce helps Selina rise to his. Catwoman is Batmans ace in the hole just as Harvey was to the Joker.

boradorii wrote: Good writing is not only about dialogue though it is also about exploring themes using symbolism and great imagery to reflect these ideas and TDKR does this in many ways from Bane's underground lair symbolising the lie at the end of TDK and how this villian rose from the darkness to expose the truth notice the use of light throughout the film. To show a complete journey of one character through a trilogy is impressive no matter if there is some cheesy dialogue and exposition.

I posted this on IMDB (first time and last time) to highlight that journey. To compare the writing to Avengers in any way is ridiculous.

Just recently having rewatched BB again and TDK not long ago there are so many little details and more obvious scenes that link the trilogy which make me appreciate Tdkr even more.

The obvious scenes are Bruce escaping the pit/Bruce falling down the well, Ra's line involving justice/ Talia backstabbing Batman but there are many others such as Bruce throwing away the gun in BB/John Blake throwing away his badge,the fake Ra's speech about Gotham being allowed to die is repeated by Ra's in Bruce's dream in the pit. I also noticed that when Bruce returns from Princeton in BB before travelling the world Wayne manor is referred to as a mausoleum and the furniture is all covered in TDKR I noticed Wayne Manor felt like a mausoleum and some furniture again was covered notice how this was before Bruce was put in the pit and had to rise completing his journey. At the end of BB Rachel said Bruce never returned to Gotham instead Batman returned I feel Bruce returned in TDKR as Bruce perhaps wanting to live again.

This was further emphasised by the speech given to Bruce by the doctor in the prison, Ra's helped Bruce overcome his fear but to the detriment of Bruce Wayne who became lost in the monster epecially in TDK in Tdkr he had to accept his fear in order to rise. By accepting his frailty and realising that sometimes your so called weaknesses can be your biggest strength he was able to escape the pit and accept his humanity. He could have put his plan (to escape Batman)into action on his return knowing there was another idealist who could take up the mantle. Just as bruce rose Batman rises as a symbol and becomes a legend symbolised by John Blakes literal rising at the end.

There is another link I noticed I don't know how intentional it is but hope it was. Selina Kyle appears to have an opposite character arc to Harvey Dent but the relationship between Bruce and Selina aside from the romantic aspect can be compared to the Jokers/ Harvey Dent's. The Joker brings Harvey Dent down to his level whereas Bruce helps Selina rise to his. Catwoman is Batmans ace in the hole just as Harvey was to the Joker.
Great post! :twothumbsup:

Welcome to the forum my man!!

Syncopy528491 wrote:

Yes, there certainly isn't any "harm" in one liners but The Dark Knight Rises's script is simply pathetic in contrast to Nolan's previous work and about as pathetic as the Avenger's screenplay.
TDKR's script was many things. Pathetic? Not one of them.

Even if The Avengers' was inferior it was still great, but I don't know why do you even bring it into an unrelated conversation so I'll just assume you are just a disrespectful hater unable to properly judge and separate things.
Syncopy528491 wrote:Anyone who is too blind to see that The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's worst film by far and a poor effort in storytelling and writing needs to get their ass off of Nolan's dick.
You considered the remote but still maybe likely possibility that you're the one who didn't like the film? And, because you did not like it, you were not able to appreciate some of the many, many qualities it has?
Syncopy528491 wrote:Seriously anyone that uses the excuse that it's a comic book movie needs to understand that Nolan was not trying to make a typical comic book film with any of his Batman films. I hope that Nolan doesn't continue to go downhill from this point on wards. :suicide:
Sorry, there's nothing typical about that comic-book film. Read boradorii post, you'll find it interestingly ilustrating.

And, by the way, that it uses some conventions of the genre doesn't mean it's something bad. Are we now discriminating a film by the subject it's showing? Paraphrasing Roger Ebert, it's not what a film is about, but how's about it.

Please don't tell me we've reached the point where we consider a film to be bad just because it's following a genre. Because if we have... :clap: :facepalm:
boradorii wrote:To compare the writing to Avengers in any way is ridiculous.
Why bring this up fella? I obviously don't comapre but I would say The Avengers has a fantastic script and I'm perfectly able to justify it like you did why TDKR and I can say the same I said before:
You considered the remote but still maybe likely possibility that you're the one who didn't like the film? And, because you did not like it, you were not able to appreciate some of the many, many qualities it has?
Why not leave it and respect those who don't share your opinion? But hey... This is NF so I guess hating that film is a prerequisite to be accepted in this forum.

As for the rest of your post, I've only praise for it. Bravo, really well explaind and welcome to the forum.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

The Star Wars director search has honed in on two candidates, according to Kathleen Kennedy's husband:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169725 ... hall.jhtml
Producer Frank Marshall, whose wife Kathleen Kennedy is the president of Lucasfilm, spoke with MTV News this week and revealed that he knows what's going on with the "Star Wars" director search — but you won't be getting any details out of him.

"I do," Marshall replied when asked if he knew who would be behind the hotly awaited "Star Wars" sequel. "But I can't reveal it, or I won't be alive tomorrow."

Marshall added that he doesn't know when the director will be announced; all he knows is that the hunt has honed in on "a couple of candidates, but I don't know how soon that will be revealed." He also knows this: regardless of whoever winds up directing "Star Wars," it's going to be one of the most anticipated blockbusters of all time.