Catwoman spinoff? [TDKR Spoilers]

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I would totally love a Catwoman spinoff, maybe her origin story, from Nolan. He never had a female lead in a film before, so that would be exciting.

More Hathaway as Selina pls.

chee wrote:I would totally love a Catwoman spinoff, maybe her origin story, from Nolan. He never had a female lead in a film before, so that would be exciting.

Sorry. But no. No no no.

No. No. No.
Sigs???

chee wrote:I would totally love a Catwoman spinoff, maybe her origin story, from Nolan. He never had a female lead in a film before, so that would be exciting.

Part of what makes Nolan's Catwoman so great is the inability to quite pin down who she is and what she's all about. Explaining that would fuck all that up.

lock

everyone hates chee now

I want a damn Commissioner Gordon spinoff. And all you guys care about is Robin and Catwoman.

Staring Malin Ackerman.

Oh come on. A 'film noir' in Nolan's style, with a woman lead instead of a male lead would be awesome.
Nelson wrote:

Part of what makes Nolan's Catwoman so great is the inability to quite pin down who she is and what she's all about. Explaining that would fuck all that up.
TDKR related spoilers:
And all the articles about her robbing places, the friend who helps her rob people, her wanting her past erased so she can start again with a clean slate, and her track record in file in John Blake's hands totally doesn't explain who she is.

She ain't the Joker. She has a past that clearly effected her.

I don't think we are going to see any actors from TDKR in any spinoffs or squeals. The story and actors playing the characters are most likely going to be contained within the Nolan trilogy IMO
Why you lurking my page brah?

chee wrote:Oh come on. A 'film noir' in Nolan's style, with a woman lead instead of a male lead would be awesome.
Nelson wrote:
TDKR related spoilers:
And all the articles about her robbing places, the friend who helps her rob people, her wanting her past erased so she can start again with a clean slate, and her track record in file in John Blake's hands totally doesn't explain who she is.

She ain't the Joker. She has a past that clearly effected her.
And Joker hasn't? I'm fairly sure Nolan's Joker wasn't born with scars, a flair for theatrics and a most cynical worldview. There is something to be said for an air of mystery and allowing one's imagination to fill in the details. 9 times out of 10 the end-result of filling in once mysterious details with a prequel is not only unsatisfying, but it can tarnish what it is a prequel too.

Nolan can't do a noir-ish flick with a woman at the lead that isn't a Catwoman movie?