[SPOILER TDKR] Batman reboot theory

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Ever since Warner Bros. confirmed that Nolan would be executive producer to a Batman rebooth, I'd ask myself why. Nolan said that after The Dark Knight Rises, he'd be done with Batman. So why produce the, very fast coming, rebooth? Untill I saw The Dark Knight Rises.
What if the 'rebooth', ain't an ordinairy rebooth?
In this film, we can see a man who is inspired by Batman a lot. His name is John Blake, although that is not his real name. In the end it is revealed that his real name is Robin. Besides that, we can see him finding the batcave with everything in it.

What if John 'Robin' Blake, becomes Batman in the new franchise? Nolan left Batman in trilogy as a symbol, not a person. A symbol can be anybody. What if the rebooth is actually continuing where we left of.

Bruce Wayne is gone, John Blake is Batman!
Just a theory, would like some opinions about it! :)
Last edited by Erik on July 21st, 2012, 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

What the fuck is a rebooth?

Isn't that a bit of a spoiler Erik?

steveportee wrote:Isn't that a bit of a spoiler Erik?
OMG!
I edited my post with the spoiler tags and added an extra warning in the topic title.

I am very sorry for not putting it up there earlier. Hope I did not spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

That could be interesting, but I don't think WB would make a Batman movie where Bruce Wayne isn't the guy under the suit.

I agree with Erik.
John Blake should be the batman in the next film. There shouldn't be another origin story just a continuation from TDKR as John Blake as batman

xWhereAmI? wrote:I agree with Erik.
John Blake should be the batman in the next film. There shouldn't be another origin story just a continuation from TDKR as John Blake as batman
I think they would be able to capitalize money wise on that logic because people would know it relates to these 3 Batman's and has a connection to them. I hope they do, JGL is a hog!

I want a Batman Beyond film.

Unfortunately in a money driven industry a reboot is imminent.

Myself id like to see them fix Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman first and then do a single movie establishing Blake as the new Batman.

Give TDK trilogy some time to breathe.

Red Hood wrote:I want a Batman Beyond film.
But no-one else does.