Comic books/Novels that you Wish Nolan to Adapt: 1-Monster

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
It should be a story suitable for Nolan's 'movie personality'. Something with at least most of these keywords; Mind Bending, Noir, Suspenseful, Modern, Bleak, Stylized, Atmospheric, Rough, Mystery, Mysterious character, psychopath, Crime, Thriller, Drama

Not: Comedy, Teen, Feel Good, Tragic, Melodramatic, Historical, Sentimental, Fantasy, Adventure, Friendship.

My suggestion would be Monster by Naoki Urasawa. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434706/
It's actually bought by New Line Cinema back in 2005 for a 2-part movie production. Screen writer of 'A History of Violence' would pen the script.http://www.monstersandcritics.com/movie ... ster_Manga
I think it would be a challenge for Nolan due to the emotional complexity of the characters (which is deeper than all of the characters in his movies so far) It's a suspenseful thriller with a beautiful beating heart. Nolan can handle the twists of the story perfectly and he can generate a great atmosphere.

Each of you have one wish to make, and tell us your reason.

Pictures from Monster (anime adaptation) just for fun...

Johan Liebert from Monster

Comic's I'd like to see Nolan do: None
Books I'd like to see Nolan do: Don't know, not a reading type.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Whoa, Monster is a great comic, I used to read it back in high school. That Johan guy is creepy. ;) But I don't know if Nolan interested in anime/comics the way Wachowski Bros are. :D I heard New Line Cinema acquired rights to create an English language live action film adaptation, though. :think:

I wish that Nolan keeps one doing what he is doing, he keeps surprising me, first The Prestige, which was nothing like his type of movie, and now with Inception. I love the fact that he keeps surprising me!

Mbah Cobb wrote:Whoa, Monster is a great comic, I used to read it back in high school. That Johan guy is creepy. ;) But I don't know if Nolan interested in anime/comics the way Wachowski Bros are. :D I heard New Line Cinema acquired rights to create an English language live action film adaptation, though. :think:
Glad I found a fan. Monster is getting more recognition since the english dub of the series aired in the USA. I think it's plain genius. The writer's style is very cinematic...pace of the story and dialogue is something from Hitchcock. And every character is fascinating. I just wish Warner Bros acclaimed rights for it rather than New line...the latter is a bit cheap.

My fav character is Wolfgang Grimmer, 'the happiest sad man'

You can all read the manga here...http://www.onemanga.com/Monster/
I can't even describe how good it is unless you read yourself.

speaking of dreams, he should adapt Gaiman's "Sandman" lol
books: Musashi

I'd love to see Nolan adapt Under the Dome by Stephen King. It is an 'out there' story that's presented in a very realistic fashion, albeit epic in the scope and complexity of the characters.

Bueller wrote:I'd love to see Nolan adapt Under the Dome by Stephen King. It is an 'out there' story that's presented in a very realistic fashion, albeit epic in the scope and complexity of the characters.
King's books rarely come out good in adaptations. :(

True that. But if anyone could do a good job, it's Chris Nolan. :JGLface: