A Science Fiction Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Alberto wrote:He has already done one. He needs something else.

I would like a true hard sci-fi. With beeps and bloops and flying machines and stuff.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
Alberto wrote:He has already done one. He needs something else.

I would like a true hard sci-fi. With beeps and bloops and flying machines and stuff.
Honestly, what I would love is a period film. Nolan's talent could transform that genre into something amazing. I'm sure he'd create another masterpiece.

Alberto wrote:
jibran wrote:

Honestly, what I would love is a period film. Nolan's talent could transform that genre into something amazing. I'm sure he'd create another masterpiece.
A period sci-fi or a period film? Bc The Prestige was both.

Nolanoscopy wrote:
Alberto wrote:
A period sci-fi or a period film? Bc The Prestige was both.
A period film. Something like Barry Lyndon or Atonement or Gladiator or Kingdom of Heaven, or other great ones. Yeah, well, The Prestige is a period film, but it has other elements as well, so idk.
Or why not try a satire, or a horror film. That'll work.
Or heck, anything would work, we're talking about Nolan, aren't we..

I would die an infinitely happy man [hyperbole may have been employed in the preceding fragment] were Christopher Nolan to adapt Frank Herbert's masterpiece, Dune. I greatly enjoyed David Lynch's adaption, but Nolan (who has shown he is no enemy to three-hour films) would bring such a sweeping scope to the project, as well as clout that would almost guarantee sequels would be produced. He could succeed where nobody has before.