Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Lord Shade wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 8:40 am
After Oppenheimer, there is no other way for Nolan rather than a horror film. He just has to do it. End of discussion.
I don't understand?...I don't think he could make it "properly"

A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 9:39 am
Lord Shade wrote:
After Oppenheimer, there is no other way for Nolan rather than a horror film. He just has to do it. End of discussion.
His previous films definetely had moments with horror flair. Like half of Joker's scenes in TDK, mysterious atmosphere in The Prestige, Mal's scenes in Inception, The Pit in TDKR (and some Bane moments too), Wormhole and Black Hole scenes in Interstellar, some intense scenes of Dunkirk, Turnstile and Sator moments in Tenet, etc. So he could pull it off, I'm sure

Lord Shade wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 3:37 pm
A Borges man wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
His previous films definetely had moments with horror flair. Like half of Joker's scenes in TDK, mysterious atmosphere in The Prestige, Mal's scenes in Inception, The Pit in TDKR (and some Bane moments too), Wormhole and Black Hole scenes in Interstellar, some intense scenes of Dunkirk, Turnstile and Sator moments in Tenet, etc. So he could pull it off, I'm sure
...dude, I'm making fun of you for your previous post about the safdie's teaching Nolan to "properly" work with characters or whatever you wrote.

A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 6:12 pm
Lord Shade wrote:
A Borges man wrote:

...dude, I'm making fun of you for your previous post about the safdie's teaching Nolan to "properly" work with characters or whatever you wrote.
Amusing

Especially when it will surface that Nolan and Safdie indeed had such conversations

Lord Shade wrote:
December 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 6:12 pm
Lord Shade wrote:

Amusing

Especially when it will surface that Nolan and Safdie indeed had such conversations
Lord Shade wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 8:38 am
Here's hope that Benny will give Chris some precious advices about how to work with characters properly, considering he (and his brother) has made some of the best art-house character-oriented flicks out there
I'm just clarifying, do you honestly think that Nolan doesn't understand how to "use characters properly" and needs the guiding hand of another filmmaker? That is what you're saying right? A truly ridiculous statement...especially as you think that there will be reporting of Safdie giving Nolan character tutorials? Like what are you saying? Enlighten me

Or maybe he means that Nolan, as all good artists, is humble enough to seek the advice of fellow artists. Not necessarily, but maybe.

Forum Pro
Speaking of Nolan seeking advice, I would love it if he would team up with renowned script doctor and fixer... Chris McQuarrie on a script.

After Oppenheimer, I hope he will extend his body-of-work and do a neo-western, it would be great.

I wonder if the fact that Nope is the first horror film to have scenes shot with IMAX cameras (not to mention shot by Hoyte) will inspire Nolan to do a horror film next....

I think enough time is passed where I could see him do a sequel to one of his previous films. Inception and Interstellar would be the top candidates for sequel treatment. Or it's going to be something completely out of left field like the next Bond movie.