Do you think he will work with Christian Bale again??

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Ace
Question:I’m probably reaching here, but as two of Chris Nolan’s leading men, did you and John David Washington use that commonality at all to build your on-screen friendship?

Christian: (Laughs.) Not in the slightest! I don’t know if J.D. would’ve liked that, but I loved playing Burt so much that I sort of stayed as him a little bit. Not all the time. People make the mistake of calling me a method actor. I’m not that. I don’t understand how you can possibly stay in character all day long without just being exhausted. I couldn’t maintain it at all, but you always keep that simmering a little bit. So I don’t like to reference other work too much when I’m working with other people. I just want to get to know the person. Otherwise, I get too sort of self-conscious about it, like, “Oh, we’re making films here.” I think the best actors in the world are animals and children, and it’s precisely because they don’t give a damn about the effect. They’re not thinking about any consequences whatsoever. And obviously, J.D. worked with Chris, who’s so very different from David, but an equally absolutely stunning filmmaker. But no, we were just set on having our own experience with David O. Russell.

Question:It’s been over 10 years since you last worked with Chris Nolan, and given that The Prestige is my favorite film on both of your résumés, I’d sell most of my organs for the two of you to do something along those lines again.

I would love to work with Chris again. He’s an extraordinary filmmaker, and I’ve got very good memories of working with him. So, likewise. I feel the same.

Ace wrote:
September 30th, 2022, 6:02 pm
Chris, who’s so very different from David, but an equally absolutely stunning filmmaker.
(Morgan Freeman voice): I agree with the first part.

Demoph wrote:
October 1st, 2022, 4:20 pm
Ace wrote:
September 30th, 2022, 6:02 pm
Chris, who’s so very different from David, but an equally absolutely stunning filmmaker.
(Morgan Freeman voice): I agree with the first part.
I think a decade ago I would have agreed with both just based on the more positive perception of O Russell's movies, but I think reception of them has not aged that well and in light of Amsterdam, I think his artistic talent has been lessened in the eyes of the public. Same thing was happening with Joy and even American Hustle, even despite those films having fans. But yeah, the first part is absolutely not up for debate, personally and artistically.

Being that it’s been over a decade since Bale and Nolan worked together, I hope that Nolan will reach out to reunite again for his next project. The four films the two have made are excellent and I hope they make another film or two together.