A Universal Franchise in Nolan's Future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Angus wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 3:46 pm
Yep, which makes me wonder. I'm assuming he's going to be an in-house director for Universal for quite a while.

I honestly don't think Jaws or a Universal Monsters film (even with Blumhouse) is that crazy. Imagine a really epic, faithful Dracula or Frankenstein, three hours, $200 million.

It seems bizarre to me that so many people are assuming he's not interested in reviving an IP anymore. Why? Why would he push a huge array of opportunities off the table.
It's more bizarre to me that some people want him to go back to reviving franchises and whatnot. I think Nolan should focus on new stuff, or at the very least make book adaptions like Isaac Asimov novels, for example. He could be a great option for it; I mean, The Prestige is proof if you ask me.

Instead of seeing Nolan take on a tired Universal IP like "Jurassic Park" or the classic Universal Monsters, it may be cool for him to remake an old school Universal SciFi flick like "Colossus:The Forbin Project" or "The Andromeda Strain". "Slaughterhouse-Five" would also be a cool choice, deals with concepts of Nolan's favorite subject, Time.

radewart wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm
Instead of seeing Nolan take on a tired Universal IP like "Jurassic Park" or the classic Universal Monsters, it may be cool for him to remake an old school Universal SciFi flick like "Colossus:The Forbin Project" or "The Andromeda Strain". "Slaughterhouse-Five" would also be a cool choice, deals with concepts of Nolan's favorite subject, Time.
Yeah! Absolutely. I think anything in Universal's catalog could on the table.