Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 8:43 pm
El Especial wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 7:51 pm
A Borges man wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Is it though? A bunch of conjecture is what it is.
Just the part I quoted. It's possible Ms. Lame saw the flaws in the film but chose to keep her thoughts to herself. Being that this was her first time working with Chris Nolan
While it's not impossible, it's basically still the same thing as Borges said: conjectures.
"Flaws in the film"....I didn't see any...I don't think Lame did either. Tenet fucks.

Tenet can fuck me all day every day ;) , funny that someone mentioned the Russo brothers because Community is still the best thing they where ever involved with in my eyes.

Forum Pro
He has to follow this Oppenheimer film up with a franchise film/adaptation

Joshua Strong wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 7:27 pm
No, he doesn't, and he won't.
And he already said that he's done making film for the sake of making it, so now he'll only follow his personals original stories, the ones he feels passionate about.

Nolan62 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 2:40 pm
Joshua Strong wrote:
And he already said that he's done making film for the sake of making it, so now he'll only follow his personals original stories, the ones he feels passionate about.
Why do these people always want him to cage himself? Why would anyone want him to return to franchise filmmaking?

A Borges man wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 5:27 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:
Why do these people always want him to cage himself? Why would anyone want him to return to franchise filmmaking?
Good question.
It always makes me smile, because to consider that Nolan could be led to make this choice would be to think that he is still prey to the system, or at least he is still dependent on it, but it is now quite the opposite.
Especially when you see the conditions he submitted to the executives concerning his next film and the fact that the studios are now sucking up to him and doing everything they can to comply with his conditions (in order to have the prestige and the chance to work with him).
He is now the most powerful filmmaker in Hollywood, it is now undeniable.

And in a way, his Dark Knight trilogy is absolutely phenomenal but I think it was still at that time a pass that allowed him to have the freedom and the chance to do what he wants after. And it's a miracle in a way, a chance, so he's certainly not going to waste it by going back to making IPs etc...

Nolan62 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 5:51 pm
A Borges man wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 5:27 pm
Nolan62 wrote:

Good question.
It always makes me smile, because to consider that Nolan could be led to make this choice would be to think that he is still prey to the system, or at least he is still dependent on it, but it is now quite the opposite.
Especially when you see the conditions he submitted to the executives concerning his next film and the fact that the studios are now sucking up to him and doing everything they can to comply with his conditions (in order to have the prestige and the chance to work with him).
He is now the most powerful filmmaker in Hollywood, it is now undeniable.

And in a way, his Dark Knight trilogy is absolutely phenomenal but I think it was still at that time a pass that allowed him to have the freedom and the chance to do what he wants after. And it's a miracle in a way, a chance, so he's certainly not going to waste it by going back to making IPs etc...
I honestly get very skeptical of filmmakers who just stay in the IP space. As much as like Denis Villeneuve, or James Gunn, or even Matt Reeve...I'm inherently skeptical of their decision to move from one franchise to another, franchises they didn't create. If Nolan ever goes to another franchise I'll have to eat my words but, so far he seems to be work on purely Nolan projects.

I agree with what it's been already said here. I personally wouldn't want Nolan to return to an IP again. He has expressed his love for the Bond franchise before, but in a way Tenet is his Bond.
I personally want him to experiment more the way he did with Dunkirk. That's why I'm very excited about the new project, because I believe it won't be a conventional biopic. I'd be also up if he would adapt a high concept sci-fi novel in the future.

On the other hand, I don't think Denis has caged himself into an IP either yet. Dune is a project that he said that was passionate about since he was a kid. So I consider this more of a personal project than an assignment. If he signs up for a Bond film then I'd definitely say that has caged himself.

I also don't want Nolan to work on other IPs or adaptations, at least not for now. He is probably the only director in the industry atm who is continuously delivering different original ideas one after another. Why change that? He has lots of other genres to touch on such as western, horror, medieval fantasy, etc. I hope that the Oppenheimer project pays off. Otherwise, it would be tough for him to work on original ideas with big budgets in the future. I also want Nolan to create his own fantasy/sci-fi franchise like star wars, dune, or foundation. In his early movies, he focused more on human characters as compared to his later movies where he opted for spectacle over characters (or in the case of Tenet, he even compromised his story a bit IMO). I want him to create his own 3 part franchise where he can tell a solid story with interesting character developments and impressive visual spectacles.

SCORPIO16 wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 4:06 pm
I also want Nolan to create his own fantasy/sci-fi franchise like star wars, dune, or foundation. In his early movies, he focused more on human characters as compared to his later movies where he opted for spectacle over characters (or in the case of Tenet, he even compromised his story a bit IMO). I want him to create his own 3 part franchise where he can tell a solid story with interesting character developments and impressive visual spectacles.
YES!