Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I think Nolan would go to Apple over Netflix

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 12:30 pm
Does he know what Apple is, though?

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 12:46 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 12:30 pm
Does he know what Apple is, though?
When they call him on his landline he will remember that they are the small studio that is doing martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flowers Moon.

Forum Pro
If Reese Witherspoon's production company can go for $900,000,000 after only being up for 4 years, I wonder how much Syncopy would go for if it ever reached the open market. A billion? Two billion?

This deal could impact wherever Nolan decides to take up shop and it could definitely impact talks. I don't see Nolan ever selling Syncopy but if he were to land with a streamer, I don't think its crazy to see him get a billion dollar commitment from Netflix or Apple. Where they'd lock him up for multiple films, etc but he'd still be the owner of Syncopy.

Forum Pro
Joshua Strong wrote:
August 3rd, 2021, 7:47 pm
If Reese Witherspoon's production company can go for $900,000,000 after only being up for 4 years, I wonder how much Syncopy would go for if it ever reached the open market. A billion? Two billion?

This deal could impact wherever Nolan decides to take up shop and it could definitely impact talks. I don't see Nolan ever selling Syncopy but if he were to land with a streamer, I don't think its crazy to see him get a billion dollar commitment from Netflix or Apple. Where they'd lock him up for multiple films, etc but he'd still be the owner of Syncopy.
South Park and its creators, just got $900M for Paramount for 14 movies and 5 more seasons.

We'll probably(I hope) have some info on his new project and all that surrounds it by the end of the year. Let's hope for a little something in the fall or next month.

Nolan right now

I'd love to see him make a universal monsters movie.

Universal would really be my bet. First of all, they've got DreamWorks. That's Spielberg.

Second, aside from Jurassic World, Fast & Furious, and Illumination (Minions, Despicable Me), they're not at the level of intellectual properties like Disney or WB are. They basically have nothing outside of those (Dark Universe tanked and The Invisible Man slowly bounced back the classic monsters).

They'd be willing to spend bonkers money on a name like Nolan.
Theatrical release and home media with no simultaneous streaming BS.

I also think they're a director's studio. Look at M. Night Shyamalan. His career is the best it's been in 20 years, and that's because there's no interference and he can just make what he wants, and it's a success. I'd even argue he's better than ever.

They'd give Nolan creative control. It's his movie. Universal also has that prestige of being a classic studio like WB, which he likes. They've been around 100 years.

Apart from his first films and his Dark Knight trilogy (especially The Dark Knight), he has never yet made a big crime thriller, I mean a pure and original crime thriller, I really would love him to tackle it but outside of the neo-noir/film noir influence of his first films, something related to the criminal underworld or the mob world. Since he's already tackled the underworld of espionnage, in a certain way.