THANK YOU WALLY!!!!

Wally Pfister and Hoyte van Hoytema
Starting this thread for the sole sake of thanking Wally Pfister for refusing to shoot films in 3D or with digital cameras.

THANK YOU!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MW715 wrote:Starting this thread for the sole sake of thanking Wally Pfister for refusing to shoot films in 3D or with digital cameras.

THANK YOU!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
What's wrong with digital cameras?

-Vader

MW715 wrote:Starting this thread for the sole sake of thanking Wally Pfister for refusing to shoot films in 3D or with digital cameras.

THANK YOU!!!

:think: I'll allow it.

digital has a lesser film look than film, so they add it in post, and they allow less in the frame

Last edited by Jones on July 27th, 2011, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

What about The Social Network? That's a digitally shot film, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

-Vader

I'm glad Wally doesn't shoot digital. But at the same time if he did I wouldn't mind. I'm sure it would look amazing. No 3D tho.. but if he did shoot in 3D I'm sure it would look amazing.
Say Girl

Vader182 wrote: What's wrong with digital cameras?

-Vader
I think digitally shot films look like crap. They either look like incredibly expensive home videos or BBC documentaries in my opinion. Sure film's expensive and a pain to work with, but it adds such atmosphere to the frame and looks so much better (in my opinion)

MW715 wrote:
Vader182 wrote: What's wrong with digital cameras?

-Vader
I think digitally shot films look like crap. They either look like incredibly expensive home videos or BBC documentaries in my opinion. Sure film's expensive and a pain to work with, but it adds such atmosphere to the frame and looks so much better (in my opinion)
You think The Social Network looks like incredibly expensive home videos or BBC documentaries?

Right.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
MW715 wrote: I think digitally shot films look like crap. They either look like incredibly expensive home videos or BBC documentaries in my opinion. Sure film's expensive and a pain to work with, but it adds such atmosphere to the frame and looks so much better (in my opinion)
You think The Social Network looks like incredibly expensive home videos or BBC documentaries?

Right.

-Vader
...I hated that movie... so don't get me started...