THANK YOU WALLY!!!!

Wally Pfister and Hoyte van Hoytema
ThePhantomTerror wrote:
Mason01 wrote:I love it when Crazy Eight goes of technical on us.
solo2001 wrote:Sometimes i'll actually read Crazy's rambling posts to educate myself.
:twothumbsup: When he does these things, it will be some of the most informative posts on NolanFans.
Completely agree, how do you know so much Crazy Eight?

Andrea wrote:
ThePhantomTerror wrote:

:twothumbsup: When he does these things, it will be some of the most informative posts on NolanFans.
Completely agree, how do you know so much Crazy Eight?
I have no idea. :lol:

I've had an interest in it for years... and have done a lot of research on the subject and have personal experience with DSLR's which help one to learn first hand about things like exposure, shutter rates, lenses, etc... and the rest I know from a shit load of research fueled by an interest... that and Roman M. always puts me in my place when I flub up. :lol:
and they allow less in the frame -#1fan
Why do you say that? The vast majority of digital cameras being used for high budget productions today have full 35mm sensors...

I really can't tell the difference from film to digital. I don't really care

Collateral's use of digitals is genius to say the least. I like how Mann used close ups on that film to capture the tone of the location and the characters with digital - that's how it should be used.

christophmac wrote:Collateral's use of digitals is genius to say the least. I like how Mann used close ups on that film to capture the tone of the location and the characters with digital - that's how it should be used.
Agreed! I thought I was the only one who noticed that

christophmac wrote:I like how Mann used close ups on that film to capture the tone of the location and the characters with digital - that's how it should be used.
What does composition, close up composition, have to do with it being captured digitally?

Crazy Eight wrote:
christophmac wrote:I like how Mann used close ups on that film to capture the tone of the location and the characters with digital - that's how it should be used.
What does composition, close up composition, have to do with it being captured digitally?
It gives it a different look and feel in terms of capturing colours and sharpness which worked well with the film. Obviously that's not entirely because of the digital format but it helps.

50 minutes of TDKR in fucking IMAX!!!!!

THANK YOU WALLY. YOU ARE AMAZING

Thank you Wally. In the biggest IMAX screen in Europe this will blow me away.

Nolan4Life wrote:50 minutes of TDKR in fucking IMAX!!!!!

THANK YOU WALLY. YOU ARE AMAZING

Wow, that's a fair chunk of the film. Thank Wally indeed.
Do you... like pineapple?