(Video) Pfister Q&A at UCLA

Wally Pfister and Hoyte van Hoytema

Awesome stuff, thanks for the post!

That was really fantastic. Usually learn at least a few things you hadn't before with each of these Wally interviews.

Shame Wally had that experience with the Phantom. Certainly seems to be basing most of his opinions on that experience, read another brief thing about him in Kodak mag. Tsk tsk. Get your hands on an ALEXA WALLY! Look what it did to Deakins!

RomanM wrote:Shame Wally had that experience with the Phantom. Certainly seems to be basing most of his opinions on that experience, read another brief thing about him in Kodak mag. Tsk tsk. Get your hands on an ALEXA WALLY! Look what it did to Deakins!
But Wally is better then Deakins.

allstarr55js wrote:
RomanM wrote:Shame Wally had that experience with the Phantom. Certainly seems to be basing most of his opinions on that experience, read another brief thing about him in Kodak mag. Tsk tsk. Get your hands on an ALEXA WALLY! Look what it did to Deakins!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!! LMAOOO! Thanks for the laugh kiddo!

First off, I disagree. Secondly, what the hell does that have to do with anything?
Get your hands on an ALEXA WALLY! Look what it did to Deakins!
:problem:

Why? For better low light or... why would you want him to use the ALEXA?

Crazy Eight wrote:
First off, I disagree. Secondly, what the hell does that have to do with anything?
Get your hands on an ALEXA WALLY! Look what it did to Deakins!
:problem:

Why? For better low light or... why would you want him to use the ALEXA?
Because the Phantom is not the camera to use to judge digital cinematography against? LOL come on Crazy.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!! LMAOOO! Thanks for the laugh kiddo!
It is not that funny. Wally has this Deakins does not.
First off, I disagree.
Of course you do.

It is not that funny. Wally has this Deakins does not.
:facepalm:

When did you start sucking the Academy's dick? Deakin's had 9 nomination by the way, including two in the same year. He's been robbed so many times...
Because the Phantom is not the camera to use to judge digital cinematography against? LOL come on Crazy.
My bad. I thought you were suggesting he should replace his Anamorphic 35mm get up for the ALEXA.