Jonah sit down with George R.R. Martin

Christopher's younger brother and writer of several of his films.
Everyone needs a little magic in his life.

So come join us at the Jean Cocteau next week, for MAGIC & MYSTERY WEEK. Starting this Friday, the whole week will devoted to wizards, sorcerers, illusionists, and practitioners of the dark arts (like screenwriting).

THE PRESTIGE... well, what can I say? Based on the novel by Christopher Priest, this tale of a bitter feud between two rival magicians is becoming a classic, and may well be the best film about the world of magic ever made. Directed by Christopher Nolan, adapted from the novel by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, it stars Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johanssen, and Michael Caine.

on Sunday February 23, we will be joined at the Cocteau by JONATHAN NOLAN, screenwriter on THE PRESTIGE and MEMENTO, showrunner on PERSON OF INTEREST, and all around terrific talent. Jonathan will be introducing THE PRESTIGE and answering questions about the film... and he and I will also be doing a dialogue about scriptwriting and adaptation on Sunday afternoon. Should be fun.

Advance tickets to the movies, the magic shows, and the dialogue are all available on the Cocteau website.

So come join the fun. We promise not to saw you in half.
- George R.R. Martin

http://grrm.livejournal.com/359376.html

Will be cool to see two of my heroes together, I'm sure we'll get pics. Hopefully someone films the dialogue and uploads it to youtube.

Allstar wrote:
Everyone needs a little magic in his life.

So come join us at the Jean Cocteau next week, for MAGIC & MYSTERY WEEK. Starting this Friday, the whole week will devoted to wizards, sorcerers, illusionists, and practitioners of the dark arts (like screenwriting).

THE PRESTIGE... well, what can I say? Based on the novel by Christopher Priest, this tale of a bitter feud between two rival magicians is becoming a classic, and may well be the best film about the world of magic ever made. Directed by Christopher Nolan, adapted from the novel by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, it stars Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johanssen, and Michael Caine.

on Sunday February 23, we will be joined at the Cocteau by JONATHAN NOLAN, screenwriter on THE PRESTIGE and MEMENTO, showrunner on PERSON OF INTEREST, and all around terrific talent. Jonathan will be introducing THE PRESTIGE and answering questions about the film... and he and I will also be doing a dialogue about scriptwriting and adaptation on Sunday afternoon. Should be fun.

Advance tickets to the movies, the magic shows, and the dialogue are all available on the Cocteau website.

So come join the fun. We promise not to saw you in half.
- George R.R. Martin

http://grrm.livejournal.com/359376.html

Will be cool to see two of my heroes together, I'm sure we'll get pics. Hopefully someone films the dialogue and uploads it to youtube.
More than the Batman flicks, it was Jonah's work on The Prestige which made me get into Person of Interest. I have a very unhealthy obsession with that particular flick.

http://t.co/U0bCCgUkzn
Found this earlier this week. Almost four years before the final draft & the front page remained almost completely unchanged. I liked that.

Allstar wrote:Hopefully someone films the dialogue and uploads it to youtube.
Seconded.
ChrisTilford wrote:http://t.co/U0bCCgUkzn
Found this earlier this week. Almost four years before the final draft & the front page remained almost completely unchanged. I liked that.
"Dozens of them" repeated. :clap: That was as awesome to read as the sequence is to watch.

Whistler wrote:
Allstar wrote:Hopefully someone films the dialogue and uploads it to youtube.
Seconded.
ChrisTilford wrote:http://t.co/U0bCCgUkzn
"Dozens of them" repeated. :clap: That was as awesome to read as the sequence is to watch.
Do you have the original draft? I'd love to give it a read. The one I've checked out is the shooting draft present online (with dozens of typos, which initially made me wonder if the Nolan bros used a typewriter to get this done)

Unfortunately, no. That was the first time I had seen any of the screenplay.

Whistler wrote:Unfortunately, no. That was the first time I had seen any of the screenplay.
Oh, I see. No matter. So if you haven't read the final draft, you can check it out here:
www.dailyscript.com/scripts/Prestige.pdf‎

From the POI Writer's Room.