Damon Approached Jonah for Bourne

Christopher's younger brother and writer of several of his films.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/fleming ... n-affleck/
DEADLINE: Matt, you’ve said recently that the Bourne Legacy spinoff didn’t make it any easier for Jason Bourne to return. What has to happen for us to see your signature character back onscreen?

DAMON: Just a couple things, really. Paul Greengrass has to want to do it, and secondly and equally important, it comes down to Paul and I knowing what the hell we want to do. We just don’t have a story, and we haven’t had one. I quietly went to Jonah Nolan, because he and his brother Chris did such a brilliant job on Batman and that whole mythology. I just said, can you put your brain on this? I can’t figure it out. And he took a run at it and he couldn’t crack it either. Paul and I have been talking about it for years. And we can’t quite see what the movie would be. If we could get line of sight on that…

If Jonah couldn't crack it, then I think it's time Damon and Greengrass move on to other things.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Too bad it didn't work out.

Hopefully, there won't be any more sequels/spinoffs.