Nolan's political views?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
m4st4 wrote::facepalm: Can someone merge this thread with the real Nolan's political views thread? Like, a real mod? :tooexcited:

The Mod's are all dead!

I run this bitch now!! :twisted:

Inceptionist wrote:Some people have an idea!

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... rns-on-us/

Ever since Christopher Nolan took over the Batman franchise in 2003, he has increasingly redefined the Dark Knight to the point where he is nothing more than Dick Cheney in a cape talking in a raspy voice and each and every villain has been demoted from super-natural cartoon caricatures to all-to-human obsessed terrorists with a grudge and WMDs.
We have put up with Nolan’s personal “war on terror” appeasement campaign and even allowed him to profit immensely from it, but now I say to you, enough is enough.

Let’s boycott the Batman.

:batface:
I am officially dumber for having read that. :suicide:

Inceptionist wrote:Some people have an idea!

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... rns-on-us/

Ever since Christopher Nolan took over the Batman franchise in 2003, he has increasingly redefined the Dark Knight to the point where he is nothing more than Dick Cheney in a cape talking in a raspy voice and each and every villain has been demoted from super-natural cartoon caricatures to all-to-human obsessed terrorists with a grudge and WMDs.
We have put up with Nolan’s personal “war on terror” appeasement campaign and even allowed him to profit immensely from it, but now I say to you, enough is enough.

Let’s boycott the Batman.

:batface:
What could I possibly do after reading this but laugh it off...

Oblong_Box wrote:How so? If you don't want to debate politics, and remain ignorant of it, it will continue to consume you, whether you like it or not. I agree that politics is mostly just bullshit rhetoric, but we can't just sweep it under the rug. That's terribly naive.
You are the one consumed by politics...

Caekzor wrote:
Oblong_Box wrote:How so? If you don't want to debate politics, and remain ignorant of it, it will continue to consume you, whether you like it or not. I agree that politics is mostly just bullshit rhetoric, but we can't just sweep it under the rug. That's terribly naive.
You are the one consumed by politics...
Do you pay taxes? Are you not part of a Statist system? We are all consumed by it. I'm just saying if you don't come to understand this, or even care, the feeding will not end.

So some really awesome stuff is going down and we're having political discussions?

GREAT! COUNT ME IN!

Oblong_Box wrote:Do you pay taxes? Are you not part of a Statist system? We are all consumed by it. I'm just saying if you don't come to understand this, or even care, the feeding will not end.
What does any of this have to do with TDKR or Chris Nolan?

Go preach somewhere else.

Caekzor wrote:
Oblong_Box wrote:Do you pay taxes? Are you not part of a Statist system? We are all consumed by it. I'm just saying if you don't come to understand this, or even care, the feeding will not end.
What does any of this have to do with TDKR or Chris Nolan?

Go preach somewhere else.
Read my OP. I was hoping to discuss Nolan's political implications, and how it may play out in TDKR. The immaturity that persists among most here has not allowed for any valid discussion.

Welcome to politics. :tooexcited:

Ultra-right wing, conservative with primitive Baptist and Calvinist principles.
Do you... like pineapple?