Nolan Beliefs ?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
chee wrote: It's just "I disagree." :thumbup:.
Thank you :thumbup: , I thought "I disagree" was too strong... :)

Well I don't think you can assume someone's belief from their work. Paul Verhoven makes some really violent films that never hint of a afterlife when someone dies and he's a christian.
Paul Verhoeven's an atheist. http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Paul_Verhoeven

And yeah, I would assume Christopher Nolan is an atheist as well, based on his films and how brilliant he is .

ThePhantomTerror wrote:
EDIT: Oh yeah, in TDK there's a woman making a cross in the ferry (again, Nolan is the screenwriter)
Are you f*cking kidding me? Thats like the stupidest argument in the world.

ThePhantomTerror wrote:I don't think he is an atheist, maybe he is Christian......
Btw, in Memento there's a Gideon Bible and Nolan is the screenwriter so......... :think:

EDIT: Oh yeah, in TDK there's a woman making a cross in the ferry (again, Nolan is the screenwriter)
Seriously? Wow. Gideon Bibles are common objects to find in a hotel. And when faced with certain death, a lot of people will pray. That really has no relevance to Nolan's beliefs.

steveportee wrote:
ThePhantomTerror wrote:I don't think he is an atheist, maybe he is Christian......
Btw, in Memento there's a Gideon Bible and Nolan is the screenwriter so......... :think:

Seriously? Wow. Gideon Bibles are common objects to find in a hotel. And when faced with certain death, a lot of people will pray. That really has no relevance to Nolan's beliefs.
If it was so we could also assume that Nolan killed his wife by convincing her that she was dreaming, and that he is the Batman, and also that he is following people in his spare time, while he is duplicating himself in a magic-machine.

Its such an stupid comment The PhantomTerror came with. If a artist could only do art from his own perspective, and only bring in tiny objects that he did approve of, then what in the world would be left? Because there are wine-glasses in many of his films, does that also make him an alchoholic? Or perhaps he is a drug-addict since there is one of those in Memento.

Jonas Agersø wrote:If it was so we could also assume that Nolan killed his wife by convincing her that she was dreaming, and that he is the Batman, and also that he is following people in his spare time, while he is duplicating himself in a magic-machine.

Its such an stupid comment The PhantomTerror came with. If a artist could only do art from his own perspective, and only bring in tiny objects that he did approve of, then what in the world would be left? Because there are wine-glasses in many of his films, does that also make him an alchoholic? Or perhaps he is a drug-addict since there is one of those in Memento.
Hahah, very true.

I agree that it would be interesting to see what Nolan's beliefs are, but why are people bashing different beliefs here? All the evidence we have is that he was raised a Catholic, but that doesn't tell about his beliefs now. I really think it's possible to discuss without attacking people and their beliefs.

Crazy Eight wrote:I don't think he has ever commented about his religious beliefs.
he indeed never did,and hope he never will.

Jonas Agersø wrote:If a artist could only do art from his own perspective, and only bring in tiny objects that he did approve of, then what in the world would be left? Because there are wine-glasses in many of his films, does that also make him an alchoholic? Or perhaps he is a drug-addict since there is one of those in Memento.
Exactly.

me mentioned in the December issue of Empire that he was raised Catholic. Which makes sense seeing as his father is from Chicago which has a very Irish background.