Nolan Beliefs ?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
dafox wrote:I highly doubt Nolan is a theist. His movies seem to be a little too pessimistic with the display of reality and illusion
That's kind of stereotypical to Christians. You can't dispute logic to a certain extent if you're a Theist or not. After all, Orson Welles, one of my favourite directors of all time was a non-denominational Christian, and look at the films HE did. If you read some posted extracts earlier within the thread, Nolan stated he was raised a Catholic. But wheter he still has Christian morals is not important as we should respect his private life and stay out of his business.

He is a film God though. :)

Just want to address pembroke11's comment and that I believe Matthew Nolan is now a man who is nothing more than an innocent soul is deserves nothing more than the people who post on this forum does. Please do not take in my previous comment about the scandal based on Matthew Nolan; he is an innocent man as pembroke11 has clearly stated.

MovieExoddus wrote: Please do not take in my previous comment about the scandal based on Matthew Nolan; he is an innocent man as pembroke11 has clearly stated.
And he simply stated, but did sadly not state any source(s). I found something interesting regarding Matthew Nolan however..

Nolan sentenced for escape attempt
Brother of "The Dark Knight" director to be extradited to Costa Rica

July 07, 2010

The brother of "The Dark Knight" film director Christopher Nolan made it clear on Wednesday how much he hated prison.

Speaking at his sentencing for an October escape attempt, Chicago resident Matthew Nolan, 41, said that to keep his mind from rotting while confined to a 7-1/2 by 11-foot cell, he read books, taught himself to draw and wrote letters to his wife and two children.

"This has broken my nerves," Nolan said as his wife, sitting in the courtroom, sniffled and dabbed her eyes with a tissue. "It's shattered me."

While conceding that prison "is not a nice place," U.S. District Judge William Hibbler on Wednesday sentenced Nolan to 14 months behind bars for his botched escape attempt.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010 ... extradited

Batman-like plan: Brother of 'Dark Knight' director planned escape from a Chicago jail, officials say

Matthew Nolan, of Chicago, allegedly had a homemade rope, harness, razor and a clip to pick a lock in his cell
November 06, 2009

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009 ... ail-batman

tykjen wrote:
MovieExoddus wrote: Please do not take in my previous comment about the scandal based on Matthew Nolan; he is an innocent man as pembroke11 has clearly stated.
And he simply stated, but did sadly not state any source(s). I found something interesting regarding Matthew Nolan however..

Nolan sentenced for escape attempt
Brother of "The Dark Knight" director to be extradited to Costa Rica

July 07, 2010

The brother of "The Dark Knight" film director Christopher Nolan made it clear on Wednesday how much he hated prison.

Speaking at his sentencing for an October escape attempt, Chicago resident Matthew Nolan, 41, said that to keep his mind from rotting while confined to a 7-1/2 by 11-foot cell, he read books, taught himself to draw and wrote letters to his wife and two children.

"This has broken my nerves," Nolan said as his wife, sitting in the courtroom, sniffled and dabbed her eyes with a tissue. "It's shattered me."

While conceding that prison "is not a nice place," U.S. District Judge William Hibbler on Wednesday sentenced Nolan to 14 months behind bars for his botched escape attempt.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010 ... extradited

Batman-like plan: Brother of 'Dark Knight' director planned escape from a Chicago jail, officials say

Matthew Nolan, of Chicago, allegedly had a homemade rope, harness, razor and a clip to pick a lock in his cell
November 06, 2009

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009 ... ail-batman

]You are right. Here are my sources which are both public and verifiable.[/b]

US vs Nolan 08 CV 000797 Northern District of Illinois
On Aug. 31st 2009 Judge Michael Mason denied extradition for kidnapping and murder, stating that the evidence provided was 'deeply troubling'and 'revised' and that 'there is not a single witness...or any physical evidence linking Nolan to these crimes'.

Nolan vs Thomas et al 11 CV 0165 Northern District of Illinois
Judge Zagel 10/24/11 Order and Memorandum (approving claim of medical malpractice, and denying civil rights claim)

'Nolan also claims that he suffered physical harm. Among other things, Nolan claims to
have suffered from a bacterial infection (staphylococcus aureus, or “staph”) and obstruction in
his ear, a regrowth of a lesion in the middle of his chest, along with skin lesions and assorted skin
disorders. Nolan claims that irregular and inadequate medical examinations were the chief cause
of his physical ills.'
' There can be no dispute that, at a minimum, a staphylococcus infection can develop into a
serious medical problem. Viewed in the light most favorable to Plaintiff, other ailments he
described are sufficiently serious at the pleading stage
NB Even though the civil rights claim was dismissed you should read the opinion. Nolan was not taken outside for 17months and 10 days, even though he had no criminal background whatsoever. The standard to sue the Federal government is absurdly high; they have to have shown deliberate indifference to Nolan, and their duties.

Matthew Nolan vs Interim 11 CV 7517
Defamation case against Sunday TImes interviewee.
Originally filed in Northern Dist. of Illinois Bankruptcy Court case 10-37365
against Thomas Sedlacek (sic Interim) as a Proof of Claim for $11.5 Million.

pembroke11 wrote:]You are right. Here are my sources which are both public and verifiable.
[/size]

US vs Nolan 08 CV 000797 Northern District of Illinois
On Aug. 31st 2009 Judge Michael Mason denied extradition for kidnapping and murder, stating that the evidence provided was 'deeply troubling'and 'revised' and that 'there is not a single witness...or any physical evidence linking Nolan to these crimes'.

Nolan vs Thomas et al 11 CV 0165 Northern District of Illinois
Judge Zagel 10/24/11 Order and Memorandum (approving claim of medical malpractice, and denying civil rights claim)

'Nolan also claims that he suffered physical harm. Among other things, Nolan claims to
have suffered from a bacterial infection (staphylococcus aureus, or “staph”) and obstruction in
his ear, a regrowth of a lesion in the middle of his chest, along with skin lesions and assorted skin
disorders. Nolan claims that irregular and inadequate medical examinations were the chief cause
of his physical ills.'
' There can be no dispute that, at a minimum, a staphylococcus infection can develop into a
serious medical problem. Viewed in the light most favorable to Plaintiff, other ailments he
described are sufficiently serious at the pleading stage
NB Even though the civil rights claim was dismissed you should read the opinion. Nolan was not taken outside for 17months and 10 days, even though he had no criminal background whatsoever. The standard to sue the Federal government is absurdly high; they have to have shown deliberate indifference to Nolan, and their duties.

Matthew Nolan vs Interim 11 CV 7517
Defamation case against Sunday TImes interviewee.
Originally filed in Northern Dist. of Illinois Bankruptcy Court case 10-37365
against Thomas Sedlacek (sic Interim) as a Proof of Claim for $11.5 Million.
I am very curious to this case. But you just fed more statements, with no sources or links. Is there a place I can read your post except for here?

Tykjen, here -
The important one, judgement from August 2009 - http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xm ... -2007-CURR

However, we find that the totality of evidence falls short of establishing probable cause to believe that Nolan committed the crimes of Aggravated Homicide and Aggravated Kidnapping.

In plain english - not guilty.

If you want to read the rest, google the cases as supplied by Pembroke11 and see the court reports on legal websites.

Sara wrote:Tykjen, here -
The important one, judgement from August 2009 - http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xm ... -2007-CURR

However, we find that the totality of evidence falls short of establishing probable cause to believe that Nolan committed the crimes of Aggravated Homicide and Aggravated Kidnapping.

In plain english - not guilty.

If you want to read the rest, google the cases as supplied by Pembroke11 and see the court reports on legal websites.
Good good. Hopefully hes doing better now after being released for time served on the escape attempt.

Christie wrote:I agree that it would be interesting to see what Nolan's beliefs are, but why are people bashing different beliefs here? All the evidence we have is that he was raised a Catholic, but that doesn't tell about his beliefs now. I really think it's possible to discuss without attacking people and their beliefs.
I agree.

Chris Nolan believes in himself.

Nolan5Life wrote:Chris Nolan believes in himself.
:twothumbsup: