Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Vader182 wrote:This nearly made my day, great idea, great posts.

-Vader
This, these quotes are amazing

Werner Herzog:
In a way, I was totally astonished by The Dark Knight because, on the one hand, it’s a huge, mainstream movie. But it also astonished me at how dark it was, as though it was a premonition of something coming at us. I went to see the film, and ran into Christian Bale, which was the only reason I saw the film: I wanted to see how Christian was doing, because I so love that man, as an actor. I ran into Christian and (director) Christopher Nolan, and said to Nolan ‘Congratulations, this is the most significant film of the whole year.’ He thought I was kind of making it up, or joking. And I said ‘No, no, no! This is a film of real substance. It doesn’t matter if it’s mainstream or not.’ And it’s wonderful that he made the film the way he did.

Finally someone who understands the value of contributing, thanks thrice.
@sammyjankis88

Roger Corman:
I can cite one person--Christopher Nolan. With Memento I looked at that when I first saw it and I thought, "This is a new version of the type of film we were making--but it's better than most of them." I really like Memento, I thought it was a very good film. It had some of the qualities that we had, but it was not like Grindhouse: it was not trying to go back, it was dealing with today. And then I think with Inception he had a very similar thing but on a big-budget science-fiction film. But some of the [same] thoughts are there
Joel Schumacher:
"I think I'm the most envious of Chris Nolan because he got to do 'The Dark Knight' -- and that's the one I begged to do as my second Batman film," he said. "I wanted to do a whole other thing, because we had kind of re-invented the franchise with Val as Batman and it was a very young, sexy, and much less expensive movie. We brought in Robin and I wanted to make 'The Dark Knight' desperately, but the studio didn't want that and it's their money and they're my bosses."
Atom Egoyan:
Egoyan is as bemused as anyone that Nolan didn’t make the cut. “Inception is a brilliant movie,” he says, “but I do think it’s an exceptionally strong year for directors.” He wonders if, in a year packed with powerful dramatic fare, Nolan got short shrift for helming a piece of sci-fi escapism.
George Clooney:
"Well, you know, seeing that I kept the franchise going and now that it's moved onto Christian… Yeah, I've got no advice. I am quite sure that that's going to be, with Chris Nolan directing, it's going to be a hell of a different movie and fun to watch. I'm anxious to see it."
Damon Lindelof:
"Because LOST was so satisfying for me…it’s much cooler for me to be able to do Inception and be like, “This is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.” Or people will describe something as Inception and it’s impossible to describe Inception using the vernacular of any other movie. So, I feel like even the idea of ‘sure, I’d love to make a Batman movie, but am I going to be able to make a Batman movie better than Christopher Nolan did?’ Because at the end of the day, it’s Batman; his parents got killed and he puts on a suit and beats up bad guys. I’m sure Christopher Nolan found a way to remake it in a way that’s interesting to the audience, but there’s nothing out there that’s lying dormant that I’m like, “Oh my God, the world needs to be see this again, but with my spin on it.”

Stanley Kubrick:
Christopher Nolan is the greatest director and human being to ever grace this planet.

Nolan4Life wrote:Stanley Kubrick:
I performed Inception on him...
Fixed

Outstanding quotes. Especially what Werner Herzog said.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Christopher Nolan is the greatest director and human being to ever grace this planet.
Is this quote real? This post is a great idea. I'm gonna look for some too.

dadosaboya wrote:
Yeah that quote was real, Stanley was a BIG fan of Following!

baneWAYNE wrote:
dadosaboya wrote:
Yeah that quote was real, Stanley was a BIG fan of Following!
I knew that Nolan is a big Kubrick fan, but I didn't knew that Kubrick was a Nolan fan. Excellent!