Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
dadosaboya wrote:
baneWAYNE wrote: Yeah that quote was real, Stanley was a BIG fan of Following!
I knew that Nolan is a big Kubrick fan, but I didn't knew that Kubrick was a Nolan fan. Excellent!
:eh: Pretty sure he's messing with you.

Matthew Vaughn
And I was very inspired by what Nolan did with Batman Begins. I'm a big Burton fan, but you see what happened. The first two Burton Batmans were great, but then Schumacher took over and you were just like, "What the fuck is going on?" And they kept making them, and they were getting camper.

And I really enjoyed Batman Begins more than I thought I would when I saw it, especially the first half more than the second half. And I just thought, "Why not try and do the same thing, of putting a realism, and making the characters and the genre of X-Men relevant to a modern-day audience?"

dadosaboya wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote:Stanley Kubrick:
Is this quote real? This post is a great idea. I'm gonna look for some too.
Not sure if serious. :leoface:

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
dadosaboya wrote:
I knew that Nolan is a big Kubrick fan, but I didn't knew that Kubrick was a Nolan fan. Excellent!

Guess I fell for that. Nice going baneWAYNE. :problem:

This filmmaker has definitely been on Christopher Nolan, many, many times.

dadosaboya wrote:
Mahiya_Borden wrote:
:lol: :facepalm: C'mon mate you had to know we were kidding...

DrunkOnAbsinthe wrote:This filmmaker has definitely been on Christopher Nolan, many, many times.

Oh jesus christ.... :lol:

DrunkOnAbsinthe wrote:This filmmaker has definitely been on Christopher Nolan, many, many times.

Sexy.

Nolan4Life wrote:
dadosaboya wrote:
:lol: :facepalm: C'mon mate you had to know we were kidding...
Well... not really, that's why I asked. But it's OK. Good one. ;)

Brad Bird:
“I was more inspired by Chris Nolan’s use of IMAX because he filmed several major set pieces in real old school IMAX. And when I say old school, I mean the film, the 15 perf film, 70mm film horizontally so the frame’s this big on each frame. I thought seeing ‘The Dark Knight’ with several sequences in IMAX was a thrilling way to see that movie and I wanted to have us have that same kind of showmanship.”
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:Brad Bird:
“I was more inspired by Chris Nolan’s use of IMAX because he filmed several major set pieces in real old school IMAX. And when I say old school, I mean the film, the 15 perf film, 70mm film horizontally so the frame’s this big on each frame. I thought seeing ‘The Dark Knight’ with several sequences in IMAX was a thrilling way to see that movie and I wanted to have us have that same kind of showmanship.”
Cool. IMAX and FILM ftw.