Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:32 pm

Legit very sweet and cool of Chris, plus I love how Jim jumps to that rather than saying "Nah, you're wrong, his movies are great!" I think a nice anecdote means more than an opinion even if it doesn't "disprove" the notion of him being a "hack"

Waitedalongtime wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 6:53 am
Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:32 pm

Legit very sweet and cool of Chris, plus I love how Jim jumps to that rather than saying "Nah, you're wrong, his movies are great!" I think a nice anecdote means more than an opinion even if it doesn't "disprove" the notion of him being a "hack"
Jim seems to be too smart to fall into the trap of arguing with people who call Nolan a hack, because in it of itself its a nothing statement in bad faith, so just countering with anecdotes on Nolan being a top lad and a champion of cinema in all its forms was absolutely the right way to go.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/mart ... 235734126/
“They already think that,” he said. “Which means that we have to then fight back stronger. And it’s got to come from the grassroots level. It’s gotta come from the filmmakers themselves. And you’ll have, you know, the Safdie brothers, and you’ll have Chris Nolan, you know what I mean? And hit ’em from all sides. Hit ’em from all sides, and don’t give up. Let’s see what you got. Go out there and do it. Go reinvent. Don’t complain about it. But it’s true, because we’ve got to save cinema.”