Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

WB when Nolan trashes their streaming service: Fuck you and your movies

WB when Nolan threatens to leave: no wait we love you

Toronto: Justine Bateman on Her Directing Debut ‘Violet’ and Why She Won’t Support a ‘Family Ties’ Reboot
I feel disappointed for this generation because so much of their pop culture is reboots, re-blogs, retweets of other people’s childhoods and young adulthood or whatever from the past. Thank God for Christopher Nolan doing these big-budgeted, totally new ideas, because that’s not that common.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235011123/

natalie wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 10:23 pm
Toronto: Justine Bateman on Her Directing Debut ‘Violet’ and Why She Won’t Support a ‘Family Ties’ Reboot
I feel disappointed for this generation because so much of their pop culture is reboots, re-blogs, retweets of other people’s childhoods and young adulthood or whatever from the past. Thank God for Christopher Nolan doing these big-budgeted, totally new ideas, because that’s not that common.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235011123/
:sick: :sick: :sick: MAGA puppet

Villeneuve went on to say, “Just think of the golden age of Hollywood to see that commercial films can make a different artistic proposal and, therefore, political. I have never felt like a loss or an impediment to have a generous budget to do what I wanted to do. Upside down. Who said that a movie on a big budget can’t be artistically relevant at the same time? I am currently thinking of people like Christopher Nolan or Alfonso Cuarón.”

Villeneuve also recently told French outlet Premiere, “If we’re talking about Marvel, the thing is, all these films are made from the same mold. Some filmmakers can add a little color to it, but they’re all cast in the same factory. It doesn’t take anything away from the movies, but they are formatted.”
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/denis ... 234665235/

TeddyBlass wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 9:46 pm
Love that Shyamalan is happy about this. Love them both, would love a QandA or panel with the two of them.

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/int ... ard-754419
Fandango: I always like to ask directors about their cinematic inspirations. Did you have the cast watch any movies while preparing for their roles? Did you watch any movies while you were preparing to take this on? What were some of the things that you drew from for inspiration?

Chloé Zhao: I would say I pay tribute to many films and filmmakers that had great influence on me in this movie. It becomes fanfare for me [laughs]…I try to let them inspire me in different parts of the movie because the film is so diverse, visually. I could do a lot of different things.

Particularly with the team at Marvel — our visual effects team, the action units, the design teams — we watched [Terrence] Malick films, particularly The Tree of Life and The New World. We watched The Revenant a lot, and Interstellar a lot. We watched Blade Runner 2049 and a film called Samsara. We watched that a lot. Obviously 2001: A Space Odyssey was very important, too. So, these were the films we had on repeat, and of course, there’s many other things in my life that I’ve watched that snuck into it.

natalie wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 10:05 am
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/int ... ard-754419
Fandango: I always like to ask directors about their cinematic inspirations. Did you have the cast watch any movies while preparing for their roles? Did you watch any movies while you were preparing to take this on? What were some of the things that you drew from for inspiration?

Chloé Zhao: I would say I pay tribute to many films and filmmakers that had great influence on me in this movie. It becomes fanfare for me [laughs]…I try to let them inspire me in different parts of the movie because the film is so diverse, visually. I could do a lot of different things.

Particularly with the team at Marvel — our visual effects team, the action units, the design teams — we watched [Terrence] Malick films, particularly The Tree of Life and The New World. We watched The Revenant a lot, and Interstellar a lot. We watched Blade Runner 2049 and a film called Samsara. We watched that a lot. Obviously 2001: A Space Odyssey was very important, too. So, these were the films we had on repeat, and of course, there’s many other things in my life that I’ve watched that snuck into it.
love it