Favorite Nolan's Movies Casting

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

Which four of Nolan's movies in your opinion had better teams of actresses and actors ?

Memento (2000)
11
12%
Insomnia (2002)
4
4%
Batman Begins (2005)
6
7%
The Prestige (2006)
14
16%
The Dark Knight (2008)
18
20%
Inception (2010)
23
26%
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
13
15%
 
Total votes: 89

User avatar
Posts: 4938
Joined: December 2009
Location: London
mastervirgo wrote:
christophmac wrote:Inception of course - I pride myself on being a fan of Hardy before Inception, alas I did not jump on any bandwagon. I'm one of very few people here who seem to enjoy the performances by JGL and Ellen Page, while the casting of Leo, Ken, Marion and Cillian is of course a work of genius. I also enjoyed seeing the actors Tom Berenger, Lukas Haas and Talulah Riley in the film.
You can also vote for three other movies if you want.
I'd go for Memento, The Prestige and TDKR in that case.

User avatar
Posts: 25896
Joined: June 2011
solo2001 wrote:
Baconboy wrote:Batman Begins because that without the casting of BB, TDK would not be so good.
lol
wut?
Chris Bale and co. started out in BB. Without BB's cast (Chris Bale, Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman), the TDK would not be so good.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 19368
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
Baconboy wrote:
solo2001 wrote: lol
wut?
Chris Bale and co. started out in BB. Without BB's cast (Chris Bale, Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman), the TDK would not be so good.
But.. er...

We're talking about which individual film has the best cast. Batman Begins has a much different cast than The Dark Knight, and vice versa obviously. So... what?

-Vader

Posts: 353
Joined: August 2011
Location: In The Shadows
Inception no doubt. Followed by TDKR.

User avatar
Posts: 42523
Joined: May 2010
christophmac wrote:Inception of course - I pride myself on being a fan of Hardy before Inception, alas I did not jump on any bandwagon. I'm one of very few people here who seem to enjoy the performances by JGL and Ellen Page, while the casting of Leo, Ken, Marion and Cillian is of course a work of genius. I also enjoyed seeing the actors Tom Berenger, Lukas Haas and Talulah Riley in the film.
One off the few that was not infected by the virus that is talli. He makes people love Gosling and dislike Fassbender if you needed more evidence.

User avatar
Posts: 12766
Joined: February 2011
JGL had a few bad moments in his performance but he was overall good. Ellen's character, and not her performance was annoying in one or two sequence but that was it. She did a good job too imo.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
mastervirgo wrote:JGL had a few bad moments in his performance but he was overall good. Ellen's character, and not her performance was annoying in one or two sequence but that was it. She did a good job too imo.
:twothumbsup:
Not infected by talli.

User avatar
Posts: 4938
Joined: December 2009
Location: London
Mr. Caine wrote:
mastervirgo wrote:JGL had a few bad moments in his performance but he was overall good. Ellen's character, and not her performance was annoying in one or two sequence but that was it. She did a good job too imo.
:twothumbsup:
Not infected by talli.
I usually agree with talli on Hardy, Fassbender etc (though these are actors I discovered from their first roles in Band of Brothers so he can't talk about bandwagons in front of me) - however, while JGL and Ellen Page didn't really do as much as Hardy, what they actually did wasn't bad at all - they're supposed to be representative of individual aspects of of the mind - JGL being the left hand side, organised and specific, which means he's not really trying to hit more than one note, he plays off Hardy as Hardy plays off him and that's something they did well.

Posts: 555
Joined: June 2011
mastervirgo wrote:JGL had a few bad moments in his performance but he was overall good. Ellen's character, and not her performance was annoying in one or two sequence but that was it. She did a good job too imo.
yeah I don't get the hate that Ellen gets for her performance. It wasn't astounding or anything, but I don't see how she could have played it any other way

User avatar
Posts: 19368
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
Yeah, I loved Ellen. She wasn't out-acting DiCaprio or anything, but she played the role exactly how it was meant to be.

-Vader

Post Reply