Favorite Nolan's Movies Casting

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

Which four of Nolan's movies in your opinion had better teams of actresses and actors ?

Memento (2000)
12%
Insomnia (2002)
4%
Batman Begins (2005)
7%
The Prestige (2006)
16%
The Dark Knight (2008)
20%
Inception (2010)
26%
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
15%

Total votes: 89

Flying Rodent wrote:The castings for Memento, the Prestige, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins and Inception were absolutely perfect.

The only mistake I can see in Nolan's castings is Robin Williams in Insomnia. He was great but that's not the kind of roles which suit him best, in my humble opinion.
Strongly disagree. It was a casting against type, that's true. But Williams owned that role. Nolan is great in casting against type. I was really curious to see the result for his Howard Hughes biopic project with Jim Carrey as Hughes, because I knew that he recognize something in other actors performances which most other people are unable to see.

Crazy Eight wrote:Obviously The Dark Knight. Casting Ledger's one the best things Nolan's ever done.
Yeah, Ledger was awesome, but I always thought Aaron was just some inspired, brilliant perfect casting.

Also: Anything with Marion Cotillard.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Obviously The Dark Knight. Casting Ledger's one the best things Nolan's ever done.
but I always thought Aaron was just some inspired, brilliant perfect casting.

-Vader
So true, its almost sad that he got so overshadowed by heath, because he put in a fantastic performance.

theweatherman wrote:
Vader182 wrote: but I always thought Aaron was just some inspired, brilliant perfect casting.

-Vader
So true, its almost sad that he got so overshadowed by heath, because he put in a fantastic performance.
My dad says that Heath's acting was incredible because it seemed like he WAS the character.
But he said he liked Aaron's performance better.

memento tdk tdkr and prestige followed closely by Inception and Insomnia ofc

even when there's only 3 movies to leave out this is still a hard choice which says enough

theweatherman wrote:
Vader182 wrote: but I always thought Aaron was just some inspired, brilliant perfect casting.

-Vader
People always say it but I don't see it... Aaron was Aaron... he did a decent job but he was the same guy in The Dark Knight as he was in Rabbit Hole, Thank You For Smoking, etc... Heath totally fucking became another person. I mean the performances really aren't even in the same league.

I loved everyone in memento, prestige and Inception.

@crazy not everything is about "transforming" he still gave an amazing performance regardless. You really need to understand that because it makes you come off as a snob.

allstarr55js wrote:@crazy not everything is about "transforming" he still gave an amazing performance regardless. You really need to understand that because it makes you come off as a snob.
Never said it was, but transformative acting requires more talented than simply reacting... and when done to the highest degree such as Ledger's Joker, reactionary acting just isn't in the same ballpark. It's what separates the greats from the good.

You can still be great without "transforming" that is pretty obvious.

The Dark Knight for me. Every character is brilliantly casted, and there are many of them. The Prestige is second.