The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I doubt Nolan will announce anything until the virus situation is ongoing. This all has to go away for good before an announcement, I would think.

Maybe he'll mention that he's already at the early stage of writting something new, just briefly.

Nolan62 wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 7:57 pm
Maybe he'll mention that he's already at the early stage of writting something new, just briefly.
As he always does. Usually he just says there's something sitting on his desk (or something like that) but never (so far) mentions any specific details about it. Not even the genre if I’m not mistaken although they tend to be a mix of genres or some sort of new genre, if you like, anyways.

Ace

looks like nolan's been skiing lol

atilasantos wrote:
September 23rd, 2012, 7:30 pm
Christopher Nolan won’t upgrade his 15-year-old car because he thinks it’s lucky

The film director has grown incredibly attached to his Nissan, even though it has seen better days. His friends and family are continually asking him to trade it in for a newer model, but Christopher won’t listen.

Leonardo DiCaprio, who appears in Christopher’s latest film Inception, has even been begging the star to ditch the vehicle, but with no success. “He has been telling him at all hours of the day and night that he’ll buy him any car in the world if he’ll just get rid of the Nissan,” a source explained to National Enquirer, “but Christopher just won’t listen.”

The filmmaker is convinced the rusty car is the source of his success, telling those close to him his life began to improve as soon as he got it. He has vowed to keep it for as long as possible, and is concerned getting rid of it might cause him bad fortune.
I listened to the interview with Nolan on the Happy Sad Confused podcast and I guess this was true. They just got the car brand wrong.

I then googled "christopher nolan honda civic" and found this old story from the Insomnia days that's just Nolan talking about how much he loves his car at a car wash :lol:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Y10EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA19

Insomniac wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 1:47 pm
atilasantos wrote:
September 23rd, 2012, 7:30 pm
Christopher Nolan won’t upgrade his 15-year-old car because he thinks it’s lucky

The film director has grown incredibly attached to his Nissan, even though it has seen better days. His friends and family are continually asking him to trade it in for a newer model, but Christopher won’t listen.

Leonardo DiCaprio, who appears in Christopher’s latest film Inception, has even been begging the star to ditch the vehicle, but with no success. “He has been telling him at all hours of the day and night that he’ll buy him any car in the world if he’ll just get rid of the Nissan,” a source explained to National Enquirer, “but Christopher just won’t listen.”

The filmmaker is convinced the rusty car is the source of his success, telling those close to him his life began to improve as soon as he got it. He has vowed to keep it for as long as possible, and is concerned getting rid of it might cause him bad fortune.
I listened to the interview with Nolan on the Happy Sad Confused podcast and I guess this was true. They just got the car brand wrong.

I then googled "christopher nolan honda civic" and found this old story from the Insomnia days that's just Nolan talking about how much he loves his car at a car wash :lol:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Y10EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA19
interesting find. but i just wonder how could the magazine got the car brand wrong, it’s honda why did they say it’s nissan?

Does anyone else like me think that by 2022, especially the summer, movie theaters will have an epic rebound?

The reliance on streaming as a contingency in a pandemic environment is totally logical and the platforms certainly aren’t going anywhere. But in a world where the vast majority of the population is inoculated; movies, concerts, sporting events and so on are going to go through a resurgence undoubtedly imho.

Like isn’t the next Spider-Man movie going to feature Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland (not to mention the supporting cast of villains)? Are you telling me in a world where it’s safe to do so, audiences aren’t going to flock en masse to watch this in a massive theater environment? I’m not much of a Marvel movie fan but even I would want to see that with a sold out crowd of Marvel diehards losing their minds. Streaming at home would be a lonely experience indeed.

Ace