Favorite Ending Sequence

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

What is your favorite ending sequence from a Chris Nolan movie?

Following (1998)
4%
Memento (2000)
4%
Insomnia (2002)
No votes
Batman Begins (2005)
No votes
The Prestige (2006)
10%
The Dark Knight (2008)
25%
Inception (2010)
25%
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)[/b]
31%

Total votes: 51

1) Inception
2) The Dark Knight
3) Memento
4) Batman Begins
5) The Prestige
6) Following
7) Insomnia

Memento, Inception and TDK basically tied for me.

1. Memento
2. The Prestige/Inception
3. The Dark Knight
4. Insomnia
5. Following
6. Batman Begins

dagn96 wrote:I have to go with Following... Because in the first three viewings it gave me goosebumps.The other endings are great, but I prefer Following.
What he said. I think I'm starting to become the resident Following-lover on these forums. Inception's ending is epically done and when Cobb's children look at him for the first time, right when that piano note hits in "Time," it's a great moment. And of course, The Dark Knight has perhaps the most significant ending, and it's great as well. But Following's ending made my mouth drop to the floor, and I've seen it 3 times in the past month and I got chills every single time. The only other Nolan film to give me chills during the climax/conclusion numerous times after my first viewing, was Inception. So, after all that babble, here's my ranking:

1) Following
2) Inception
3) The Dark Knight
4) The Prestige
5) Memento
6) Batman Begins
7) Insomnia

Question: I feel kind of out of place, because while I hear everyone say they liked Following, I rarely hear anyone on here say they love it. I know it doesn't have big name actors or a big budget, but sometimes I feel as if people hold that against it. I feel that actually makes the film better in some ways, and it makes me even more impressed with its quality. Am I crazy for hyping Following as much as I do, or do many people tend to overlook it for the more glamorous, big-budget films of Nolan's more recent catalogue?

Skyab23 wrote:
dagn96 wrote:I have to go with Following... Because in the first three viewings it gave me goosebumps.The other endings are great, but I prefer Following.
What he said. I think I'm starting to become the resident Following-lover on these forums. Inception's ending is epically done and when Cobb's children look at him for the first time, right when that piano note hits in "Time," it's a great moment. And of course, The Dark Knight has perhaps the most significant ending, and it's great as well. But Following's ending made my mouth drop to the floor, and I've seen it 3 times in the past month and I got chills every single time. The only other Nolan film to give me chills during the climax/conclusion numerous times after my first viewing, was Inception. So, after all that babble, here's my ranking:

1) Following
2) Inception
3) The Dark Knight
4) The Prestige
5) Memento
6) Batman Begins
7) Insomnia

Question: I feel kind of out of place, because while I hear everyone say they liked Following, I rarely hear anyone on here say they love it. I know it doesn't have big name actors or a big budget, but sometimes I feel as if people hold that against it. I feel that actually makes the film better in some ways, and it makes me even more impressed with its quality. Am I crazy for hyping Following as much as I do, or do many people tend to overlook it for the more glamorous, big-budget films of Nolan's more recent catalogue?
You're definitely not crazy. It's just some people who prefer big budgets and big actors.

1. Inception
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Prestige
4. Memento
5. Batman Begins
6. Following
7. Insomnia

The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and Inception all have outstanding endings.

Nolan5Life wrote:
What is the meaning of this? :think:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Inception
3. The Prestige
4. Memento
5. Following
6. Batman Begins
7. Insomnia
"When art imitates life"

1. Inception
2. The Prestige
3. Memento
4. The Dark Knight
5. Following
6. Batman Begins
7. Insomnia

I'm still confused as to how "The Dark Knight"'s ending sequence wasn't chosen as the best.
:batface: