Common camera angles

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I was wondering if there was any specific common camera angles you guys noticed Nolan using, any scenes you can reference would be of great help too, preferably across a few movies

well camera angles... well if it helps... in most of his films he does start the film with a character performing some action with their hands. for example.. following, memento, insomnia, prestige

TDK also has a clown shooting rope.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:TDK also has a clown shooting rope.
Batman Begins had Bruce and Rachel holding an old spear tip also - close up on hands.

In several scenes actors are shot in wide close-ups where the background is blurred.

Mason01 wrote:
bruce_angier wrote:TDK also has a clown shooting rope.
Batman Begins had Bruce and Rachel holding an old spear tip also - close up on hands.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh .... I forgot... hhahahaha :facepalm:

snape wrote:In several scenes actors are shot in wide close-ups where the background is blurred.
Yeah. He seems to really like wide angle aerial shots as well, whether it be over a city or over a moving object. Most notable in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Insomnia.

Occasionally.. Nolan also swivels the camera around the characters... for example... the Prestige and the Dark knight.

Z. Cobb wrote:Occasionally.. Nolan also swivels the camera around the characters... for example... the Prestige and the Dark knight.
Yeah, I love that. Happens in Batman Begins also I think...

Nolan uses extremely low angle shots to give the Joker a more powerful image in The Dark Knight, especially during the scene where the truck he was driving is flipped over and he gets out and starts shooting at Batman.