what is christopher nolan weakness as a director??

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Master Virgo wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 4:19 pm
Swank's Ellie lets herself to be trapped by Williams' Finch without informing anyone where she's going, despite knowing the threat, and then needs saving by Pacino's Dormer. (Type 3)

ScarJo in The Prestige is functioning as femme fatale when she's not listening to exposition (Type 1)

Murph unnecessarily provokes her brother and almost misses her chance to get the equation as the result, and then has to burn the struggling man's farm to get back inside. The whole thing is basically a charade to give the character some irrelevant struggle and hide the fact that Murph is really just a passive character waiting to be given an equation and everything she needs to save the world by two male characters. (Type 3)
A male character that obtained quantum data (which is also done with TARS) by seemingly going through a black hole just to end up inside a tesseract, and "some civilization" from the future was helping them with this. What did he do? The sacrifice and finding a way to send the data but all of that through a means which was provided to him (or them if we include TARS and the rest). Murph is going through something of the sorts by discovering from where this information is being sent and then, of course, she has to work out the data as well. That was provided to her but she had to things with it to reach the point of saving humanity.

You could say: well, Cooper had to do many things to get to that point otherwise it wouldn’t have happened and you are right. But Murph had to do her part too in order to be able to solve the problem with gravity using the quantum data as an adult although not in the same way and nowhere near the degree of danger mind you. We just don't see a lot of what she goes through in the film. Also, I don’t think not knowing at some point whether your father is dead or not didn’t have an impact while she was growing up, specially after we see the video of them crying.

In the Interstellar world people have come into contact with things that seem impossible (provided to them by "another" civilization) and they have to find a way to work with it. The story follows a father going on a trip, the father trying to get back to his children (he does but just to see the end of his daughter's trip while he begins a new one again in the end), and how this trip affected their connection. Everyone was doing their part, no male or female is entirely saving human race in my opinion. So it seems to me you might be making things fit your narrative and trying to apply arguments while leaving aside what the story is about for the most part.

i would hesitate to call out weaknesses in Chris as a director, he makes the films he wants to make, and i feel people too often criticize his work for what its not, rather than understand or feel it for what it is, as with many other auteurs, such commentary i dont see made towards other areas of mainstream cinema, like comic book IP`s.

Master Virgo wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 4:19 pm
Swank's Ellie lets herself to be trapped by Williams' Finch without informing anyone where she's going, despite knowing the threat, and then needs saving by Pacino's Dormer. (Type 3)

ScarJo in The Prestige is functioning as femme fatale when she's not listening to exposition (Type 1)

Murph unnecessarily provokes her brother and almost misses her chance to get the equation as the result, and then has to burn the struggling man's farm to get back inside. The whole thing is basically a charade to give the character some irrelevant struggle and hide the fact that Murph is really just a passive character waiting to be given an equation and everything she needs to save the world by two male characters. (Type 3)
Ariadne, while one can argue about how deep the character is, does not fit into any one of those molds, isn't a minor role either. Couldn't think of anything dumb they did in the movie...also Rebecca Hall isn't a femme fatale, or a damsel, or a smart/dumb...she is a depressed lady, with a confused marital relationship.

Essentializing is so boring...

Who knows though, maybe we should defer to the master of writing female characters, Joss Weadon...