New team Nolan?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
would anyone like to see Nolan work with some new/ different creative talent?

Dont get me wrong the current team Nolan is exceptional and doesn't need fixing. But as a budding young cinematographer i would like to see him work with someone else in the future. Also maybe a change in composer along the way. Hans Zimmer and Wally Pfister are some of the best artists in the industry but a change would be welcome.

Perhaps a film with just James Newton Howard, or Thomas Newman or John Murphy etc.

as for cinematographers, I would love to see Nolan work with Roger Deakins (assassination of Jesse James, no country) or Emanuel Lebezki (children of men, the new world)

ideas?

The Nolan team really work well together, so I think Nolan would only switch if that person is unable to work or unable to produce the results he would like.

He might switch up for some composers, returning to David Julyan specifically. I don't think he'll ever switch Wally Pfister for someone else if Wally is still able to work. Those guys are like peas and carrots.

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

I doubt he'd ever switch Wally for someone else unless Wally wasn't available due to work commitments, but I don't think Wally would ever be unavailable due to work commitments as he's unlikely to want to pass up working with Nolan, if you follow...

I'd like to see him work with costume designer, Kym Barrett. She did the Matrix films and she also did the costume design for the new Spider-Man film.
Last edited by jcvargas09 on January 16th, 2011, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sara wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it?

I doubt he'd ever switch Wally for someone else unless Wally wasn't available due to work commitments, but I don't think Wally would ever be unavailable due to work commitments as he's unlikely to want to pass up working with Nolan, if you follow...
It does seem to be so. With big budget films you would expect the studio to want to dictate who the personnel involved will be. The fact that Nolan took pretty much his entire team into a $160m film says a lot.

jcvargas09 wrote:I'd like to see him work with costume designer, Kym Barrett. She did the Matrix films and she also did the costume design for the new Spider-Man film.
Actually thinking about it, he has worked with different Costume designers and production designers since starting BB - Lindy Hemming and Nathan Crowley did BB, TDK (& possibly The Prestige? Did they both work on that?) but it was Jeffrey Kurland and Guy Hendrix-Dyas for Inception. I reckon it'll be back to Hemming and Crowley for TDKR though, if only for the completeness of the keeping the crew together for the whole thing.

I have a feeling that Wally may end up branching off and possibly do some directing on his own in the future. He currently only works with Nolan, but he is talented and I expect him to move on to bigger things for himself.

I reckon it'll be back to Hemming and Crowley for TDKR though, if only for the completeness of the keeping the crew together for the whole thing.

Yea, I am pretty sure I read Crowley is back for DKR. I'm fairly sure we listed him on the DKR film page for a reason. Feeling too lazy to search right now.

apw
theweatherman wrote:I have a feeling that Wally may end up branching off and possibly do some directing on his own in the future. He currently only works with Nolan, but he is talented and I expect him to move on to bigger things for himself.
I remember reading an article on Variety that mentioned his agent looking for directing work for him. He already directs commercials and he was also the DP on new Bennett Miller film Moneyball.

apw wrote:
theweatherman wrote:I have a feeling that Wally may end up branching off and possibly do some directing on his own in the future. He currently only works with Nolan, but he is talented and I expect him to move on to bigger things for himself.
I remember reading an article on Variety that mentioned his agent looking for directing work for him. He already directs commercials and he was also the DP on new Bennett Miller film Moneyball.
as far as im aware you can watch all his short films and commercials on his website, these will include any hes directed.

i would also like to see nolan work more with Jonah. Chris is great on his own but surely together the final product can only be better. Possibly even another writing partner like david goyer again.