The Nolan Variations (Oct 2020 Book)

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

I'm about halfway through the book and am enjoying it.

One odd error, though. The author credits Ken Watanabe as Ra's al Ghul at Bruce Wayne's mansion in act 3 of Batman Begins. Of course, it was Liam Neeson in that scene. Also, the author spelled Ra's al Ghul incorrectly as "Gul."

Ace

Ace wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 8:58 pm

Thank you!

For the second picture, I think Nolan can do whatever he wants next as long as he is completely invested in it. It can be another grand scope film, and still be character and story driven in my opinion.

If he ever does something on a small scale like the prestige then I would be also up for it. Time will tell.

nolan mentioned Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is one of his favorite silly comedies, gonna put in on my watchlist

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 11:35 am
nolan mentioned Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is one of his favorite silly comedies, gonna put in on my watchlist
Saw that in theatres, on a date. Got a smooch. Don't remember anything about the movie...I think Borat is in it?

yes he is

I finished this a few weeks ago. Absolutely essential reading for anyone who posts here on the regular. The chapters about his time at school were super informative, and the chapter on Dunkirk only elevated my appreciation for that movie’s artistic brilliance. The fusion of sound effects and score is mind blowing, and the importance of Elgar’s Nimrod to him personally is moving as all hell.