Favorite Christopher Nolan Film

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

What's your favorite Nolan film?

Following
1%
Memento
20%
Insomnia
1%
Batman Begins
1%
The Prestige
17%
The Dark Knight
23%
Inception
17%
The Dark Knight Rises
20%

Total votes: 82

Vader182 wrote:Following is fucking awesome. I like it far more than I probably should.

-Vader
Same with me and Insomnia. An Al Pacino cop film directed by Chris Nolan has so much novelty appeal, I can't help but love it.

:goNF: Hi I'm new here so I figured it'd be best to have my NolanGasm here. Christopher Nolan and his team have given us great films. My favorite Nolan film is tied. It's been tied for months. It's between The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

I voted tdk in the pole. I think because it inspires me more. Anywhoo...been lurking for a while..love you guys coversations.

Tdkr will be.....help me :oldmanface: EPIC! :goNF:

Batville wrote::goNF: Hi I'm new here so I figured it'd be best to have my NolanGasm here. Christopher Nolan and his team have given us great films. My favorite Nolan film is tied. It's been tied for months. It's between The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

I voted tdk in the pole. I think because it inspires me more. Anywhoo...been lurking for a while..love you guys coversations.

Tdkr will be.....help me :oldmanface: EPIC! :goNF:
NolanGasm?

At least you're up to date with the lingo. I like you.

I love all these movies (with the exception of Insomnia which I just really like). It's tough for me to choose between my top three of The Dark Knight, Inception, and Memento. The Dark Knight is just incredibly exciting, well directed, and one of the best paced films I've ever seen. Inception is extremely thought provoking, well acted, and mentally engaging. And Memento is just an all out mind fuck. However, this is the order of which I'd rank them:

1. The Dark Knight (10/10)
2. Inception (10/10)
3. Memento (9.8/10)
4. The Prestige (9/10)
5. Batman Begins (9/10)
6. Following (8.8/10)
7. Insomnia (8/10)

Hopefully The Dark Knight Rises will replace my number 1.

Addicted2Movies wrote:Hopefully The Dark Knight Rises will replace my number 1.
Oh it will.

Mason wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:Hopefully The Dark Knight Rises will replace my number 1.
Oh it will.
Let's hope so. Can't wait to see the prologue Tuesday.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I love all these movies (with the exception of Insomnia which I just really like). It's tough for me to choose between my top three of The Dark Knight, Inception, and Memento. The Dark Knight is just incredibly exciting, well directed, and one of the best paced films I've ever seen. Inception is extremely thought provoking, well acted, and mentally engaging. And Memento is just an all out mind fuck. However, this is the order of which I'd rank them:

1. The Dark Knight (10/10)
2. Inception (10/10)
3. Memento (9.8/10)
4. The Prestige (9/10)
5. Batman Begins (9/10)
6. Following (8.8/10)
7. Insomnia (8/10)

Hopefully The Dark Knight Rises will replace my number 1.
Switch the Prestige to 5 and BB to 4 and that's my list.

The Dark Knight
The Prestige
Memento
Batman Begins
Inception
Insomnia

The Prestige
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Inception
Memento
Insomnia
Following

This is like Shophie's Choice. I can't pick one. They keep getting better and each one was my favorite at their time. Following was a great start. It caught my attention to Nolan. Memento's extremely original narrative blew my mind. Insomnia's pace and bleak setting made me as disorientated as Detective Dormer. As a Batman fan, I think Nolan's Batman films present the best approach on the character so far - excelent storytelling structure, cinematography, music and cast. Heath Ledger's Joker will live forever. The Prestige is strongly intriguing with it's non-linear narrative. Inception is another mind-blower, extremely original and creative. The concept, the multi-layered narrative, music, cinematography... everything about it is fantastic! Finally, waiting for TDKR feels like something wicked this way comes!