Favorite Christopher Nolan Film

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

What's your favorite Nolan film?

Following
1%
Memento
20%
Insomnia
1%
Batman Begins
1%
The Prestige
17%
The Dark Knight
23%
Inception
17%
The Dark Knight Rises
20%

Total votes: 82

I still enjoy The Prestige more for its compelling narrative, and the mystery it leaves behind with its smoke and mirrors atmosphere. It felt like reading the novel in a strange way, just perfectly transpired to screen by the Nolan's. Bowie as Tesla nailed it in my opinion. Bale's acting the one risky brother and his other calm half was nothing but subtle perfection as well. Hugh did a stellar part too, the scene when he reads Borden's diary in disbelief still sticks with me. And the themes of sacrifice, obsession, rivalry, and "love"..all ring so well in my brain.

Inception on the other hand sparked something in my head tho, which I still cant shake off.

steveportee wrote:1. The Prestige
2. The Dark Knight
3. Inception
4. Batman Begins
5. Memento
6. Insomnia
7. Following

We need more love for The Prestige in this poll. It's sooooooo good.
:lol: :twothumbsup: I love The Prestige so much! Such brilliant writing, and it gets better and better with each repeat viewing (I've seen it at least 10 times by now; I can't get enough of it). To those of you who don't see what is so special about it, consider the extensive cinematic and narrative tricks Nolan employs and watch it again with this in mind: the entire film is a magic trick... not only is Nolan employing the three-act structure of pledge, turn, and prestige in his screenwriting in order to astonish the audience and conceal the secret of the illusion, he also turns the magician's profession into a metaphor for his own profession - filmmaking. The writing, especially the dialogue, is genius as it adheres to and informs these ideas in every scene.

It says something about Nolan's filmmaking that I can give this movie glowing praise, and I consider two of his other movies to be even better.
:oldmanface: :goNF:

My favorite Chris Nolan films:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Inception
3. The Prestige

(These three I believe to be Nolan's masterpieces: filmmaking perfection... These three are also my three favorite
movies of all time, in this order.)

4. Memento
5. Batman Begins
6. Insomnia
7. Following

I eagerly await the release of The Dark Knight Rises. I am fully prepared to shift my entire list down to accommodate TDKR in the top slot.
:innolanwetrust:

P.S. These smilies are awesome! :batface:

I just tried scaling the Nolan films, and I realize I can't do it. I can't compare such a series of brilliant films, there's so much to factor in for each of them.

Samsara17 wrote:I just tried scaling the Nolan films, and I realize I can't do it. I can't compare such a series of brilliant films, there's so much to factor in for each of them.
This^

But if I HAD to make a list:
1. Inception
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
And I haven't seen the rest. Yes that's right. Deal. With. It. :lol:

Baconboy wrote:
Samsara17 wrote:I just tried scaling the Nolan films, and I realize I can't do it. I can't compare such a series of brilliant films, there's so much to factor in for each of them.
This^

1. Inception
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
WATCH. MEMENTO. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

My ranking:
1. The Prestige
2. Memento
3. The Dark Knight
4. Inception
5. Batman Begins
6. Insomnia

But every single one of them is really close to perfection. :twothumbsup:

Baconboy wrote:
This^

1. Inception
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
I strongly recommend watching "Memento" it's a friggen amazing film. Easily as good as Nolan's other works.

"Insomnia" is good, but not nearly as good as the others, and "The Following" well, I hated that film, and most Nolan fans will agree its his least-good film. These two aren't really "must see movies" but as I said "Memento" is definitely a must see.

Memento's on YouTube right (along with The Prestige)? I may have to look into it if it is.

nolan.JPG

Memento's on YouTube right (along with The Prestige)? I may have to look into it if it is.
I'm not sure. I would just go to google and type in "Watch Memento online" A bunch of good sites will pop up that will have it. Memento is the movie that got Nolan famous, watch it as soon as you can!!! :D
mastervirgo wrote:
nolan.JPG
The Dark Knight at #5? This is madness!

Baconboy wrote:
You don't need a spoiler for that.