Rank all of Nolan's films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Here's my list

1. Inception
2. Memento
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. The Dark Knight
5. Batman Begins
6. Following
7. The Prestige
8. Insomnia
Last edited by davids on January 9th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1) The Dark Knight
2) Memento
3) Inception
4) The Prestige
5) The Dark Knight Rises
6) Following
7) Insomnia
8) Batman Begins

The only movie of his I've ever disliked is Batman Begins, such a pedestrian movie when you think Nolan's incredibly high standards.

mcconaissance wrote:1) The Dark Knight
2) Memento
3) Inception
4) The Prestige
5) The Dark Knight Rises
6) Following
7) Insomnia
8) Batman Begins

The only movie of his I've ever disliked is Batman Begins, such a pedestrian movie when you think Nolan's incredibly high standards.
We're not going to get along.

-Vader

I liked Memory Man or whatever that one was called best.

1. The Prestige
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. The Dark Knight
4. Batman Begins
5. Inception
6. Memento
7. Insomnia
8. Following

1. The Dark Knight
2. Inception
3. Memento
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. The Prestige
6. Batman Begins
7. Insomnia
8. Following

Inception
The Prestige
The Dark Knight
Memento
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Insomnia
The Following

Such a tough thing to do... but I'll give it a shot. Top 4 are near masterpieces and rearrangeable.

1. Inception - The ultimate heist film. An homage to filmmaking and all of Nolan's inspirations. His most personal film. Never been wowed like this in a theater. So purely cinematic. I can't think of many films that work on so many levels. Some days I consider it my favorite movie.
2. Memento - One of the best neo-noirs ever. His most tightly constructed screenplay. Insanely great editing. Best exploration of identity since Blade Runner.
3. The Prestige - The best analysis of two dueling protagonists along with Blade Runner and Heat. That ending scene....damn. So incredibly layered.
4. The Dark Knight - One of the best blockbusters ever. Batman vs. Joker is eternal. Two Face's arc is rushed and the ferry sequence wasn't necessary. Still an incredible movie that reached into the zeitgeist more than his other movies.
5. The Dark Knight Rises. The most balls to the wall ambitious blockbuster ever. Goes to back to the silent film era. His best Batman film at expressing themes visually. Never will we see superhero films like Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's like Star Wars meets Blade Runner meets A Tale of Two Cities. Love everything about it.
6. Batman Begins - I like to think this is what Obi Wan and Anakin's relationship should've been. Great blockbuster with clear indie inspiration.
7. Insomnia- Very good psychological thriller. Underrated flick and Pacino's last great performance.
8. Following- Film student esque but his talent shines through. Solid film noir.
Last edited by Sky007 on May 11th, 2015, 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prestige-Memento-Dark Knight Rises - Begins - Dark Knight - Inception - Insomnia - Following

1) The Black Horseman
2) Beginning
3) The Eminence
4) Chiropterahuman Starts
5) Souvenir
6) The Flying Black Horseman
7) I Can't Sleep
8) Stalking