Rank all of Nolan's films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
All of you are sleeping on Insomnia. It's better than Interstellar. I would love for Nolan to next make a film of its size and style.

radewart wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:53 pm
All of you are sleeping on Insomnia. It's better than Interstellar.
Cmon on now. You've gone too far.

I wouldn't mind him doing a movie like that but it needs to be better than that.

Updated...

01. Dunkirk
02. Inception
03. Interstellar
04. TENET
05. The Dark Knight Rises
06. The Dark Knight
07. The Prestige
08. Memento
09. Batman Begins
10. Following
11. Insomnia

It is really something how wildly diverging all of these rankings are. I can’t think of any filmmaker whose list of films gets such different reactions. Most filmmakers have obvious hits and misses, but with Nolan people have highly subjective reactions.

William Blake wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:32 am
It is really something how wildly diverging all of these rankings are. I can’t think of any filmmaker whose list of films gets such different reactions. Most filmmakers have obvious hits and misses, but with Nolan people have highly subjective reactions.
I would Tarantino and Fincher fit in this category too.

bootsy wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 8:24 pm
William Blake wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:32 am
I would Tarantino and Fincher fit in this category too.
I honestly think this goes for most great filmmakers: take Kathryn Bigelow, most would run to Zero Dark Thirty, or The Hurt Locker, I would put Strange Days over the top any day, fucking masterpiece.

Or Tony Scott...Deja Vu is a masterpiece...his best work in my opinion...

Or Michael Mann, no one, especially his fans can agree on what are his best movies. the general public and critics don't vibe with Miami Vice, Public Enemies, and Blackhat. But, the Mann-heads love that shit. To the point where I feel like in 20 years, Miami Vice is gonna end up on the sight and sound list because filmtwitter is so hard for it.

Robert Altman has an uncontested masterpiece, but my favorite of his work is still Brewster McCloud, or Vincent and Theo.

Sam Peckinpah...While people have elevated The Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs; personally, Bring me the head of alfredo garcia and Cross of Iron are his best...they rule

Nolan is prime example: The prestige is one of his less critically acclaimed films, but people ride or die for the flick. Interstellar is the same...Tenet as well....I've seen Tenet twice, pre-ordered the 4k, and I'm kind of obsessed with it in a way that makes me feel like I'm completely on his wavelength, it has stopped being difficult to understand in anyway.

If your a fan of a filmmaker, like an obsessive, you usually have a different take then the general consensus, or even the critical community.

1.Inception
2.The Dark Knight
3.TeneT
4.Interstellar
5.Prestige
6.Memento
7.Batman Begins
8.The dark knight rises
9.Dunkirk
10.Insomnia

The Dark Knight
Tenet
Memento
Dunkirk
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
The Prestige
Inception
Interstellar
Insomnia

all are good tho

and honestly i feel like i don’t really have a definitive list (except maybe the first two positions) cuz the ranks can fluctuate depending on my mood
Last edited by Bale Fan on December 2nd, 2020, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristNolan wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:31 am
Pre-Tenet:

Dunkirk
Inception
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Memento
Following