Rank all of Nolan's films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
DUNKIRK (A+)
INCEPTION (A+)
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (A-)
THE DARK KNIGHT (A+)

INTERSTELLAR (A-)
MEMENTO (A)

THE PRESTIGE (B+)
BATMAN BEGINS (B+)
TENET (B)

FOLLOWING (B)
INSOMNIA (B)

**Tenet is fairly close to Prestige/Batman Begins and i think it will age very well and move up higher**

-Vader

I haven't seen Tenet yet, so I'll leave that off my list for now.

1. Dunkirk
2. The Dark Knight
3. Memento
4. Batman Begins
5. The Prestige
6. Insomnia
7. Inception
8. Following
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Interstellar

Pre-Tenet:

Dunkirk
Inception
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Memento
Following
Insomnia

Interstellar 11/10
TDK TDKR Dunkirk Tenet 10/10
Inception Memento Insomnia 9/10
Following Batman Begins 8/10
Prestige 7/10

Bacon wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Bacon wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:47 pm
After re-watching (post-Tenet):

1. The Prestige
2. The Dark Knight
3. Dunkirk
4. Inception
5. Memento
6. Interstellar
7. Batman Begins
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. Tenet
10. Insomnia
11. Following
All films are good. TENET and TDKR are about on the same level, but TDKR has the emotional punch TENET lacks.
I watched TDKR last night and it just keeps getting worse and worse to me. I can't get over the Miranda Tate/Talia 'twist' and some of the leaps it takes with Bruce's recovery and all the stuff at the end. There are still enjoyable parts but man it just looks sloppy in retrospect. It's not his worse film thanks to Insomnia and Following but it's not much better than those.

bootsy wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 1:33 pm
I watched TDKR last night and it just keeps getting worse and worse to me. I can't get over the Miranda Tate/Talia 'twist' and some of the leaps it takes with Bruce's recovery and all the stuff at the end. There are still enjoyable parts but man it just looks sloppy in retrospect. It's not his worse film thanks to Insomnia and Following but it's not much better than those.
There was a while that I was liking the film less each time I watched it, but the past few times I've watched it, I've purposefully shown the entire trilogy to people who haven't seen them before. And every time I watch it in that context, I seem to like it more and more and appreciate it. It's like I liked it less because of my preconceived notions of what I wanted from the film the first go around, but watching it vicariously through them as a conclusion to a trilogy, I think it works very well.

My brother actually liked Rises the most of the three when we watched them for the first time last week. We agreed the biggest issues with Rises are so minor (lines of dialogue, Talia's death) that it's worth overlooking. He actually really dug the Talia twist.

Bacon wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 2:34 pm
bootsy wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 1:33 pm
There was a while that I was liking the film less each time I watched it, but the past few times I've watched it, I've purposefully shown the entire trilogy to people who haven't seen them before. And every time I watch it in that context, I seem to like it more and more and appreciate it. It's like I liked it less because of my preconceived notions of what I wanted from the film the first go around, but watching it vicariously through them as a conclusion to a trilogy, I think it works very well.

My brother actually liked Rises the most of the three when we watched them for the first time last week. We agreed the biggest issues with Rises are so minor (lines of dialogue, Talia's death) that it's worth overlooking. He actually really dug the Talia twist.
I've done a marathon of Nolan movies and watched BB, TDK, and TDKR all this weekend and it has always felt to me like Nolan didn't want to make another Batman movie especially after Ledger's death. There is no doubt Ledger's death affected TDKR. I suppose the Joker would have factored in to the next Batman movie and the Dent storyline regarding his death is probably more heavily used also. At least that's how I feel.

Oku
The only thing that I'm mildly confident of is:
1. Dunkirk
[...]
11. Inception

Everything in between is blurring together, so it's hard to rank them unless I devote an entire day to rewatching them all, which would be insanity lol

I haven’t seen Tenet yet.
Following 4/5 honestly probably a 3.5/5 but I will give it a boost for its budget.
Memento 5/5
Insomnia 4/5
Batman Begins 4.5/5
The prestige 4.5/5
The Dark Knight 5/5
Inception 5/5
The Dark Knight Rises 4.5/5
Interstellar 4/5
Dunkirk 4/5

Last couple of days I watched Nolans whole filmography. Some movies I liked more now. Some others were not that mindblowingly good as I used to think.

1. The Prestige 10/10
2. The Dark Knight 10/10
3. Memento 10/10
4. Tenet 9/10
5. Dunkirk 9/10
6. Interstellar 8/10
7. Batman Begins 8/10
8. Inception 8/10
9. The Dark Knight Rises 7/10
10. Following 6/10
11. Insomnia 6/10

Tenet and Dunkirk are not so heavy like his previous blockbusters. They are easily digestible, while still being demanding. There is a ease melancholy in the air. Without too much pathos. I like that and I hope Nolan stays on this course. But I guess many people will dislike that. General audiences love pathos.