Nolan criticisms that piss you off

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I hate when people say that Nolan movies are too much asexual. Sounds like all directors should be like Lars von Trier. Each director has his own style, like Nolan, Spielberg or Scorsese, so that's bullshit. Btw, Terry Gillian say that:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/t ... nsformers/

atilasantos wrote:I hate when people say that Nolan movies are too much asexual. Sounds like all directors should be like Lars von Trier. Each director has his own style, like Nolan, Spielberg or Scorsese, so that's bullshit. Btw, Terry Gillian say that:

It seems people don't know meaning of asexual. :facepalm:
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
atilasantos wrote:I hate when people say that Nolan movies are too much asexual. Sounds like all directors should be like Lars von Trier. Each director has his own style, like Nolan, Spielberg or Scorsese, so that's bullshit. Btw, Terry Gillian say that:

It seems people don't know meaning of asexual. :facepalm:
Each director has his own style and I think is really stupid when someone says something like that. Sex scenes, hardcore violence scenes in a PG-13 movie? Come on... Maybe Gillian has some envy because Nolan becomes so famous over time, I don't know.

atilasantos wrote:
Pratham wrote: It seems people don't know meaning of asexual. :facepalm:
Each director has his own style and I think is really stupid when someone says something like that. Sex scenes, hardcore violence scenes in a PG-13 movie? Come on... Maybe Gillian has some envy because Nolan becomes so famous over time, I don't know.
I enjoy Gilliam's movies, but I wouldn't trust his opinions about other movies. Like Tarantino.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
I enjoy Gilliam's movies, but I wouldn't trust his opinions about other movies. Like Tarantino.
Oh yeah, for sure.

People who call Nolan a hack because he decides to produce upcoming DC Comics projects and invites Christian Bale into the Justice League movies. I'm just sick of all of the whining. At this point I might have to foe people, in which I would not like to do.

I can't wait for Nolan to be asked this question, and just gives us the word "No".

This kid I know actually said "I feel like he takes Batman too seriously. Batman is supposed to have a carnivalesque sort of feel. The early Batman comics were very campy." Because, ya know, we haven't all seen the complete fucking shit that results when you don't take Batman seriously and try to make a campy film.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

You should stop hanging out with people who use words like "carnivalesque".

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:This kid I know actually said "I feel like he takes Batman too seriously. Batman is supposed to have a carnivalesque sort of feel. The early Batman comics were very campy." Because, ya know, we haven't all seen the complete fucking shit that results when you don't take Batman seriously and try to make a campy film.
Show him the Shaumaucherker films and then hit him with a bag of bricks.