Nolan criticisms that piss you off

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:The Prestige is emotionally flat is utter horseshit with all due respect.
There's the door.

:eh:

People claiming he's always intended his Batman trilogy to be realistic, mainly used as an argument to point out TDKR's flaws. He NEVER said such a thing. People are fucking retarded.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:People claiming he's always intended his Batman trilogy to be realistic, mainly used as an argument to point out TDKR's flaws. He NEVER said such a thing. People are fucking retarded.
This is from another forum:
User2 wrote:
User 1 wrote:Sorry but why were you seriously disappointed for TDKR? Isn't that a over reaction.
Not really. I appreciate the fact that Nolan has made the superhero genre more realistic and believable (as in TDK). But if you remove the superhero element from the movie itself and the entire movie is less about Batman and more about Bruce Wayne, it is seriously disappointing.

To help my lazy ass, here's a video. I was just disappointed with the key plot holes (not things like "This guy fell down for no reason"), which were glaringly visible at the time -

User2 wrote:
User1 wrote:I have seen these kind of videos for LOTR, even if you remove batman it was a good movie.
User3 wrote:That is not a legitimate criticism. Videos of this nature usually attack anything popular despite it's quality. It's annoying.

That's why I said that I don't agree with the entire video - just that some of the plot holes were too obvious and too stupid. Almost all of the superhero movies have plot holes; they are based on comics. But in TDKR, I was constantly asking "why the hell did this happen?" after every 15 minutes. "Why did Batman become old and withered when he stopped fighting crime 8 years back?" "How did he suddenly become fit again to play around when he was barely being able to walk?" "Why did the entire police force go underground?" "How did 3 months pass by and no one did anything?" "How did Bruce Wayne's broken back get repaired by suspending him from a rope? " "How did Batman reach back to Gotham after being imprisoned in some god forsaken hellhole?"

And please, I am not nitpicking with these nooks. I understand the writers and the director taking creative liberties. But this was utter nonsense. And just to clarify that I am not a hater, I loved TDK and the LOTR series.
I would just like to finish this by saying that a movie experience is highly subjective. I did not like the plot elements that were used and kept getting more and more irritated. But, that's just my opinion on it.
User4 wrote:It should be blamed on Nolan's fake fans who went around priding that the Batman movies were realistic movies in the first place. It was a movie about a guy who wears a freaking Bat costume and goes around the city in night FFS.
User3 wrote: Well, the movies are realistic than any other Batman incarnation. The movies are realistic, but they aren't in reality either. Two Face walking around with face like that? A Clown taking over a gigantic metropolitan city in the manner he did? Batman not being shot when he's fighting with mobs? Falling off a 20 story building and hitting a car without any injuries?
Then there's the technology. Sure, some of it's real, but 90% of it is fabricated beyond the spectrum of actual use. Which is fine because it's a movie. No harm.
But let's be real here, Nolan's Batman films may not be in a stylized fictional land, but they aren't realistic. It's as realistic as Batman can get, but still not within the realm of actual realism.

I think the people who are complaining wanted to see 'The Dark Knight 2'.
User1 wrote:You do realise that you first tell me how everything was logical and realistic and then end the paragraph by saying that it was still not within the realm of actual realism.

That's what everyone loved about TDK. We are used to directors/writers taking creative liberties and pull off dumb moves saying that it is a comic book superhero - what'd you expect? But Nolan showed us how it can be very very real and believable. Surely, you don't argue that he didn't display the same effort while creating TDKR.

I was going to type a long reply quoting each of your quoted points but I've decided that I am too lazy to start a flame war here.

To each his own. I really enjoyed the animated feature (The Dark Knight Returns Part 1) more than TDKR. Especially the part where (old) Batman realises that he was trying to beat the mutant leader by battling him using his strength, rather than his brains
gib sigs

Master Virgo wrote:
GoldHeartedSociopath wrote: There's the door.

In other words, Why are you here?
ANSWER HIM!
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

Master Virgo wrote:
ANSWER HIM!

Master Virgo wrote:
ANSWER HIM!
Ah now I see. Go read my post once more. You misunderstood what I said.

Master Virgo wrote:
GoldHeartedSociopath wrote: In other words, Why are you here?
ANSWER HIM!
Ah now I see. Go read my post once more. You misunderstood what I said.
Oh shit, I thought YOU were saying The Prestige was utter horseshit. I apologize.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

SomeFrenchToast wrote:People claiming he's always intended his Batman trilogy to be realistic, mainly used as an argument to point out TDKR's flaws. He NEVER said such a thing. People are fucking retarded.

People saying that Nolan sucks at action scenes. That rotating hallway fight scene+ zero G one craps on all the the other action scenes from any movie.

Nolan can't make action scenes is obviously far from the truth, but saying he can't make fighting scenes is something I can understand.