Nolan criticisms that piss you off

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
-The overrated one for sure

-People who criticize TDKR's ending. BRUCE MADE IT OUT ALIVE. Alfred is not on drugs and he's not drunk.

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote: I'm pretty sure hipsters are the very same attention whores who go after his movies, and waste months at a time on IMDB pointing out the "plot holes" in TDKR.

On a related note, I can't stand when people are so stupid as to say something like this:

"His movies are virtually no different from that of Michael Bay's. They're just more cleverly disguised."

This causes me to lose it. Every. Fucking. Time.
Yup, I've been called a hipster because I like a guy who's made the highest-grossing and universally acclaimed Batman films :crazy: It's an easy "diss" for idiots who lack a brain to understand a movie that isn't Transformers.

And yes, I feel the same wrath as you socio when people compare Nolan to Bay. But even when I ask how in their mind did they come up with that comparison, they always fail to bring up examples, but just, "There's a lot of explosions!" And yet one of the things they then complain about is, "There's not enough action when it's supposed to be a Batman movie!"

But the one single crude comment that infuriates me the most is, "The reason why Nolan is a hack is because he casts ugly actresses in his films." I cannot tell you how much that makes my blood boil.

bugsy wrote: But the one single crude comment that infuriates me the most is, "The reason why Nolan is a hack is because he casts ugly actresses in his films." I cannot tell you how much that makes my blood boil.
Ha, fantastic.
Do you... like pineapple?

Criticism that is based on stuff beyond the frame. His loyal fans , his success , etc.

bugsy wrote:
GoldHeartedSociopath wrote: I'm pretty sure hipsters are the very same attention whores who go after his movies, and waste months at a time on IMDB pointing out the "plot holes" in TDKR.

On a related note, I can't stand when people are so stupid as to say something like this:

"His movies are virtually no different from that of Michael Bay's. They're just more cleverly disguised."

This causes me to lose it. Every. Fucking. Time.
Yup, I've been called a hipster because I like a guy who's made the highest-grossing and universally acclaimed Batman films :crazy: It's an easy "diss" for idiots who lack a brain to understand a movie that isn't Transformers.

And yes, I feel the same wrath as you socio when people compare Nolan to Bay. But even when I ask how in their mind did they come up with that comparison, they always fail to bring up examples, but just, "There's a lot of explosions!" And yet one of the things they then complain about is, "There's not enough action when it's supposed to be a Batman movie!"

But the one single crude comment that infuriates me the most is, "The reason why Nolan is a hack is because he casts ugly actresses in his films." I cannot tell you how much that makes my blood boil.
Yeah, I just flat out love the "ugly actresses" one. Scarjo? Ellen Page? Marion Cotillard? Anne Hathaway?

People who trash Nolan for this are probably closeted homosexuals who do a lot of cocaine.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:
bugsy wrote:

Yeah, I just flat out love the "ugly actresses" one. Scarjo? Ellen Page? Marion Cotillard? Anne Hathaway?

People who trash Nolan for this are probably closeted homosexuals who do a lot of cocaine.
Shit. I forgot to mention Piper Perabo. What a babe!

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote: Yeah, I just flat out love the "ugly actresses" one. Scarjo? Ellen Page? Marion Cotillard? Anne Hathaway?

Ha, the people I encounter who say that are always people who just hate women and femininity in general. Not so much closeted gays*.
*My gaydar is perf. That's how I know.

The one that bothers me the most, it has been said already: NOLAN IS OVERRATED LOLOLOL.

I have noticed from people that since Nolan is really popular, more and more people start to hate him because of that.

Another thing is the TDKR "Plot Holes" fiasco. Hey, Avengers and other films have just as many "Plot Holes" but since its Nolan you guys go ape shit on plot holes that can easily be explained.

xWhereAmI? wrote:The one that bothers me the most, it has been said already: NOLAN IS OVERRATED LOLOLOL.

I have noticed from people that since Nolan is really popular, more and more people start to hate him because of that.

Another thing is the TDKR "Plot Holes" fiasco. Hey, Avengers and other films have just as many "Plot Holes" but since its Nolan you guys go ape shit on plot holes that can easily be explained.
I still stand by my belief of how unfair it was that Avengers was overly praised and TDKR was ripped apart and ridiculed for it's "plot holes".

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:The one that bothers me the most, it has been said already: NOLAN IS OVERRATED LOLOLOL.

I still stand by my belief of how unfair it was that Avengers was overly praised and TDKR was ripped apart and ridiculed for it's "plot holes".
Avengers was the shiny new toy that the nerd hivemind wanted to play with last year. They go with the pop culture tides, so their opinions don't amount to anything.