No 3D

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
tykjen wrote:And +20 for obviousness.
Obviously it's not obvious to you since you said they will stick with film "forever". There will be day in Nolan's career when digital surpasses even 65mm, don't think their won't be.

By that time, Nolan is dead and buried. Obviously forever is not to be taken literally..but some nits just do.

tykjen wrote:By that time, Nolan is dead and buried. Obviously forever is not to be taken literally..but some nits just do.
Actually at the rate digital is improving, it probably won't be more than like 10-15 years before it is higher quality than any film format.

The digital war can't be fought huh. I still believe Nolan will stick to film no matter what. The quality of film will hold for the rest of my life over digital anyway.

tykjen wrote:The digital war can't be fought huh. I still believe Nolan will stick to film no matter what. The quality of film will hold for the rest of my life over digital anyway.
How old are you?

The new Sony F65 is a HUGE leap for digital motion picture cameras. It's capabilities impress me, and I'm not easily impressed with cameras. It's only a matter of time, and I think the 10-15 years estimate weatherman gave is accurate. IMAX is different, it'll be awhile before digital can top 15/65mm, but it'll (digital) be the king of practical formats soon enough.

I'm old enough to remember the 80's as my favourite decade of movies. But 2010 was a true highlight year.
Sorry, I'm no cameraman, but I guess I should trust your judgement considering you aren't a big fan of digital yourself. The transition will probably be smooth over those 10-15 years as well I reckon.

Crazy Eight wrote:
tykjen wrote:The digital war can't be fought huh. I still believe Nolan will stick to film no matter what. The quality of film will hold for the rest of my life over digital anyway.
How old are you?

The new Sony F65 is a HUGE leap for digital motion picture cameras. It's capabilities impress me, and I'm not easily impressed with cameras. It's only a matter of time, and I think the 10-15 years estimate weatherman gave is accurate. IMAX is different, it'll be awhile before digital can top 15/65mm, but it'll (digital) be the king of practical formats soon enough.
As long as 3-D doesn't completely take over. Hopefully Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, and more convential directors stay in film their whole lives. Anyone know if Scorsese really is making a 3-D movie? As long as twenty or thirty years down the line it's not just Transformers 32

Nolan isn't Canadien wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
How old are you?

As long as 3-D doesn't completely take over. Hopefully Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, and more convential directors stay in film their whole lives. Anyone know if Scorsese really is making a 3-D movie? As long as twenty or thirty years down the line it's not just Transformers 32
Scorsese has already made a 3D movie and shot it Digitally. Double whammy to the Digital/3D haters.

Eternalist wrote:If he wants to make a 3D film then I'm not going to stop him.
I agree. But I really think he should focus on IMAX, like he is currently doing.